PPA ONE TONNER 20 Oct 2013

Wannabe

Name: Current Index: Group Minimum: Group Limit: Eligibility: Gerhard Cruywagen 20.01 19.00 21.50 E

As per PPA.....Does this mean my batch is E?

Lots of people use this as DC training and drop group to accomodate their team ect. It is not a huge field (last year they were just letting people go - and it was just all mixed up)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people use this as DC training and drop group to accomodate their team ect. It is not a huge field (last year they were just letting people go - and it was just all mixed up)

As a seeding event, I think admin and control may be improved in comparison to previous years.

As a seeding event, I think admin and control may be improved in comparison to previous years.

Good point - im only speaking of last year (also my only experience of the race)

Hope the weather forecast change for next sunday. Looks like the wind will be howling where ever we are on the route

Wind is good

I don't care. I promised myself after the training ride if the wind is going to blow like that again on raceday, I am staying in bed.

Any other day... yes, but not that day. :)

PPA event, PPA numbers to be used.

you sure about this - i suspect it will be different as it is a Argus seeding race

you sure about this - i suspect it will be different as it is a Argus seeding race

Could be, was going under the surmise that it used to be a straight PPA event.

I don't care. I promised myself after the training ride if the wind is going to blow like that again on raceday, I am staying in bed.

Any other day... yes, but not that day. :)

Im with mads on this one....that training ride left scars

ok, so Im a bit afraid now of this event.

I did a couple of 110 to 130km rides in the past 2 months, always solo, or with no packs/drafting. I also do much more climbing in my training than in this route. But will that be enough?

I dont know the route, and due to an injured wrist, couldnt do a recon ride last week. Is wind the main negative factor?

Lastly, I want to improve my argus seeding, I currently have a terrible one, as I only had 3 weeks to train before my last Argus, and only got a 4:15.

SEEDING & SEEDED START GROUPS

The normal PPA funride format will be used with “A”-seeded riders starting ahead of “Z”-seeded riders. Groups will be sized on the day. Due to the proximity of Helshoogte Pass to the start, start groups will be bigger than the norm at PPA funrides. Cyclists who wish to ride together (e.g. a team training for the Coronation Double Century) can do so, provided they all line up and start in the seeded group of the lowest-seeded rider. Tandems will start ahead of “A” in the tandem start group. If your seeding is between A and H, please ensure you are at your start chute at least 15 minutes before the start of the event. Cyclists will be disqualified for starting above their seeded group (i.e. a rider with a D seeding can ride with a friend in M, but not the other way around).Please note that no reseeding can take place at registration, nor at the venue.

REGISTRATION

Registration will take place as follows:

Tuesday 15 October

PPA Office, Mowbray from 11h00 - 16h30

Wednesday 16 October

PPA Office, Mowbray from 08h30 - 16h30

Thursday 17 October

Chris Willemse Cycles, Willowbridge from 12h00 - 14h30

Sunday 20 October

Registration at the venue from 05h30 - 06h30

Edited by Wannabe