PPA ONE TONNER 20 Oct 2013

Wannabe

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Done to all the riders out there today!

Finishing the race under cut off or not, things were tough!

Just arrived home @17h15 with 220km in the legs!

Crazy???

Decided to trek out past 4 ways, Fruit sellers back through Durbanville (55km) to get home!

Will have a look at the Gopro and load pics tonight.

cheers

Saw you on your way home. we were at 160 mark. Respect!

Well Done to all the riders out there today!

Finishing the race under cut off or not, things were tough!

Just arrived home @17h15 with 220km in the legs!

Crazy???

Decided to trek out past 4 ways, Fruit sellers back through Durbanville (55km) to get home!

Will have a look at the Gopro and load pics tonight.

cheers

Frail, you're an animal!

Guest Frail4Life

Saw you on your way home. we were at 160 mark. Respect!

Why did you not Shout?

I would have turned back and Pushed you Up that Last Hill!

Guest Frail4Life

Frail, you're an animal!

BUT i needed to get home!

ha ha ha

via detour?

Why did you not Shout?

I would have turned back and Pushed you Up that Last Hill!

Ha ha Thank you Frail, but l am one of those stubborn l-wanna-do-it-myself people.

Linus the master top 10. world champ

All of those finish times and ave is both amazing and unthinkable for a mere mortal like me. Esp in todays wind. :eek: :blush:

Why weren't you racing?

Video of the finish. Alex Heward winning, 2nd David Garret and Moolies in 3rd

LINK

Wow, those times are incredible.

As an utter Noob, who only started cycling 2 months ago, I can say that just finishing yesterday was an incredible feeling. Physically the toughest day that I have ever experienced, and it adds some great perspective. Definitely boosts confidence when faced with 100km races in normal conditions.

I might have been swearing at myself for 3 hours when riding solo into the wind, but was worthit.

Sooo....I made it to the finish before the cut-off time on my (VERY) heavy 26er mountain bike. Was feeling great most of the way except when I managed to lose the group I was in on the stretch after Malmesbury, on the R304. Solo into the wind...but I made it anyway. If it was not for the 2 really awesome guys who took pity on me and cycled in front of me for about 40kms, I prob would not have made it. Awesome sportsmanship! Well done to everyone who finished in that weather!

PS: Not doing this on a mountain bike again!

Sooo....I made it to the finish before the cut-off time on my (VERY) heavy 26er mountain bike. Was feeling great most of the way except when I managed to lose the group I was in on the stretch after Malmesbury, on the R304. Solo into the wind...but I made it anyway. If it was not for the 2 really awesome guys who took pity on me and cycled in front of me for about 40kms, I prob would not have made it. Awesome sportsmanship! Well done to everyone who finished in that weather!

PS: Not doing this on a mountain bike again!

Yes, I saw a few guys on mtbs with knobbles and was admiring their fitness and tenacity at the same time as wondering about their sanity ;)