PPA ONE TONNER 20 Oct 2013

Wannabe

Die wind is pumping here in stellenbosch I feel sorry for the guys. Will post some pics in the next hour

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just completed a ride to sea point / camps bay. supposed to do chappies, wind too hectic. feel for the 1 tonner riders. reminds me of one of the earlier 1 tonners from Vic verster prison, wind pomping plus big fire in French Hoek made for a very smokey and unpleasant ride.

Edited by ccc2

Did the Wellington, Hermon, Bothma's kop loop this morning at 6am. Wind was pumping already! The guys are going to struggle big time from Malmesbury back to Stellies

All the best!

Did the Wellington, Hermon, Bothma's kop loop this morning at 6am. Wind was pumping already! The guys are going to struggle big time from Malmesbury back to Stellies

All the best!

so jy het ook nie gery nie, spaar jy jou bene vir volgende naweek?

Hardest thing I have done... 2 punctures and a solo into the wind for a good long while. First ever punctures in the middle of a race... Thank you so much to the two guys who stopped to lend me their bomb adaptors! It is greatly appreciated!

Had a great ride this morning. Once we got rid of the leeches in our pace line we were flying into the wind. Did it as training for dc with team so we were very happy with our 5:05 for the day. Loved the wind coming back :)

so jy het ook nie gery nie, spaar jy jou bene vir volgende naweek?

Was net glad nie lus nie. Nie gerus na 7 weekspoort so teen donderdag was ek heeltemal pap. Sien baie uit na vlg nwk. Voel jy al beter?

Carnage out there for the amateurs who does not have the legs or the experience.

Real heroes.

My DC team finished safe and sound.

Lots to learn as we move forward to the next building phase.

Well done to all that finished.

Very cool route.

Well done, PPA.

I think I cried a little when I saw the finishing line (and a little more when I realised I had to ride 1km further to the venue)

If the race was only 140km I would have been fine, but that last 20km against an-ever-increasing-in-strength wind was murderous. I was also not quite emotionally prepared for that turnoff to the Klapmuts road few km from the end when I thought were in the home free.

But was a good day out on the bike, was part of a big group, lots of strong girls with Paarl Media kit was riding at the front. Felt strong and even helped out at the front once we got past Malmesbury, we even caught a big group in front of us (paid the price for that heroics later though)

Agree with Dale, well done PPA!

Can't believe I finished it. Super tough. Woohoooo

Sent via Tapatalk on Xperia T

that was very very hard.......

had a cramp that just wouldnt go away.....it would disappear...then when a bunch comes past and i try to accelerate to keep up....its back with a vengeance

i had a solo ride from malmesbury!!....i kid u not.......60-odd km on my own with only the wind to keep me company....and the occasional bunch that comes past.....had luc pass me at around philedelphia i think........

My legs hurt...

Little skinny young guys can't ride properly in wind....

Happy with my performance, quite disappointed with my result. Had to stop to get water with 30km to go, and rode the last 30km by myself. Could have gotten a sub 5hour if i rationalized my water better and stayed with the group...

The DJR report:

I loved the route and I did it alone without a team, so made friends as I went. Thanks to the Giants, it was great working with you. Thanks to the CellBikes guy who single handedly pulled me across to the next group and to the halfway mark. (My offer for a spot on our DC team really stands.) Thanks to the Thai Massage guys, you are a friendly bunch. (I really needed a Thai Massage at the finish.) Thanks to the Star Team, you really rode like stars into the WIND and saved my butt for the last 50km.

Did I mention that it was a bit windy?.

Jislaaik dit was 'n tough ride! Did it with my wife as training for w2w, although she's quite strong, she got 0 bunch riding skills!!!! Had to leave some very nice bunches to drop back to her as she's just to scared to sit close on the wheel. Everytime the bunch accelerate quickly she's off! Did some loong solo stretches...... After the 10th time I seriously got pissed!!!! Never again! Finished with a 5:45, which I'll take on a day like today! Well done to everyone that finish this one!