[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

I'm hoping for some cloud cover and a slight breeze but it seems I'm out of luck for this one as well.

Holding thumbs for this

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you collect goody bags on the morning of the race?

So PJ do I see you on the marathon or are you doing the half?

Think the 20, 40 and 70 has the same last few kms. So start intervals are important. They did it well at VGaalens

The different distances share that same few kilometres at the start, but once they split they all remain separate (except for a short merge before WP3 - on open road) until the end. All the distances finish on separate single tracks so there will be minimal congestion at the end.

HI Tim,

Do you have directions as how to get to Hakahana as the directions on the Advendurance site are very vague. I will be coming from the Pretoria East direction.

Many thanks.

Hey,

If you are coming from PTA, get onto the N4 toward Harties.

After the 2nd toll-gate you will take the off-ramp to a t-junction.

Turn left at the t-junction.

Drive a few hundred meters turn left at the next t-junction onto the R104.

Continue on the R104 in an Easterly direction (back towards PTA).

You will get to a 4-way stop - go straight over.

Continue another +-3km until you see a sign saying "The Orient" on you left.

Turn left and go back under the N4

At the 4-way stop turn right and continue +-1km (Parallel to N4 on your right)

I'm hoping for some cloud cover and a slight breeze but it seems I'm out of luck for this one as well. I feel sorry for the later bunches. When I got to ''Jou Bliksem" at VG I wished I went for a swim at the floating bridge.

Yea at Van Gaalen being batch F i only started like 9:30 , the heat was insane (was still cycling at 12pm) . So this race might end up being the same situation, eish.

If i hear the words "water shortage" or "lack of water points" again, when we all know what's coming after Van Gaalens i'm going to be very annoyed. Van Gaalen we rode in the hottest time of the day and the announcer kept saying how there might not be enough water at the water points and we should restrict our intake etc etc....i mean on a big event like this, figure it out .

Edited by silvertemplar

Yea at Van Gaalen being batch F i only started like 9:30 , the heat was insane (was still cycling at 12pm) . So this race might end up being the same situation, eish.

If i hear the words "water shortage" or "lack of water points" again, when we all know what's coming after Van Gaalens i'm going to be very annoyed. Van Gaalen we rode in the hottest time of the day and the announcer kept saying how there might not be enough water at the water points and we should restrict our intake etc etc....i mean on a big event like this, figure it out .

There should be no reason for organisers to run out of water. All waterpoints on VG was close to a road. They can get one person with a bakkie and a watertank to service the waterpoints and make sure they always have at least some water. I'm sure the farmers in the area wont mind if they fill up the tank with fresh water if they ask them thus they wont even need to drive very far.