[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

Does anyone know if the trails and routes as from next week will be marked, or will it be like van gaalens where allot of guessing is involved.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What some of the riders consider an incredibly difficult technical section:

http://tiredwired.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/img_1434.jpg

Especially the loose sand in the bottom left and right corners......and the corrugated road.....a sure cure for severe haemorrhoids on a HT. Got caught out by similar loose sand after a descent at Hakahana......OTB and some ego bruising.

Yeah, carry on missing the point of constructive criticism.

And yeah, laughing about going OTB twice in one ride is probably not 'hard' enough. Maybe I should've broken a collarbone in the half then gone and done the marathon on a unicycle.

I was reading this thread because I wanted to decide about riding there when they opened. The response from the trialbuilders made it clear that this is not a customer focused set-up. A pity. Back to Groenies.

+1

Yeah, carry on missing the point of constructive criticism.

And yeah, laughing about going OTB twice in one ride is probably not 'hard' enough. Maybe I should've broken a collarbone in the half then gone and done the marathon on a unicycle.

Riaan. This is silly. My first comment was actually a bit tounge in cheek, but now the tread has unraveled. That was not the intent. I am sorry you found it grassy. I'd like to know where as for sure it wasn't for kilometers and kilometers. Happy riding.

There was a group of interesting trees growing in a rocky outcrop on the apex of that ridge that the trail cut through- kinda miniaturised flat tops acacias, but dont think they were acacias. Any arborists in da house?

Would like to revisit that ridge route once its a a bit greener, and with less traffic if should all be ridable. And good views.

Does anyone know if the trails and routes as from next week will be marked, or will it be like van gaalens where allot of guessing is involved.

The green, blue, red and Black routes will be fully marked for next weekend. (Approx 55km). We will open the 'Moot' section (15km extra) ASAP thereafter.

There was a group of interesting trees growing in a rocky outcrop on the apex of that ridge that the trail cut through- kinda miniaturised flat tops acacias, but dont think they were acacias. Any arborists in da house?

Would like to revisit that ridge route once its a a bit greener, and with less traffic if should all be ridable. And good views.

Wild seringa - Burkea Africana. Glad you noticed

With all the security some b@stards still managed to steal my mates wife's MTB. She was seated in the car waiting for her 40km start time while he started the 70km. Then I see on book face that Jaco Ferreira's bakkie was also stolen.

We parked next to her, horrible to have your bike gone from right next to you,these guys are soooo clever. A new low. This happened not 10 cars from the centre of everything INSIDE the venue.

Hi all Hubbers

I have been reading the Hub daily and this will be my first post.

I thought it would be nice to read the comments after Hakahana to hear what it was like for others, but I got really annoyed at some comments, especially towards the organizers. Please explain to me what gives anyone the right to be just plain rude towards the organizers and then cry when you get an honest answer back ? And please don't call it "constructive criticism" because it is clearly NOT. Why is there more people complaining about graspolle and stof than thanking the guys who made this race possible ?

Hi all Hubbers

I have been reading the Hub daily and this will be my first post.

I thought it would be nice to read the comments after Hakahana to hear what it was like for others, but I got really annoyed at some comments, especially towards the organizers. Please explain to me what gives anyone the right to be just plain rude towards the organizers and then cry when you get an honest answer back ? And please don't call it "constructive criticism" because it is clearly NOT. Why is there more people complaining about graspolle and stof than thanking the guys who made this race possible ?

+1 :thumbup:

We had a fun day. Almost made top 100!

We are keen to come back this weekend and show our friends what they missed out on, I see there are 55km trails, what sort of ascent will we get on 55km?

The green, blue, red and Black routes will be fully marked for next weekend. (Approx 55km). We will open the 'Moot' section (15km extra) ASAP thereafter.

We are keen to come back this weekend and show our friends what they missed out on, I see there are 55km trails, what sort of ascent will we get on 55km?

I also see someone mentioned you were forced to make last minute changes? I got around 62km on my Garmin, did I miss a marker or would that be about right due to a change in route?

Edited by Justriding

With all the security some b@stards still managed to steal my mates wife's MTB. She was seated in the car waiting for her 40km start time while he started the 70km. Then I see on book face that Jaco Ferreira's bakkie was also stolen.

I thought the race was well marked and enjoyable. One area that can be improved is ensuring that we have a cold beer available, was a schlep to bring my own ...

Out of interest, can the events in summer not start much earlier to avoid the midday heat?

SECURITY AND START TIME <- needs attention.

Security, um, 2 big items stolen(bike and bakkie) at first event there, totally bad luck and not good rep. I am not blaming this entirely on Hakahana as these things can get stolen ANYWHERE, but an up in TRUSTWORTHY security will do good :thumbup:

Times, adventurance, saseeding, or whoever organizes these things, lets get these races started earlier in the HOT :eek: summer days.

Graspolle - there wasnt much, but still it was unpleasant, I too dont enjoy riding over it on ht, my suggestion is that the st riders take one for the team and ride them out or us? :clap:

ok thanks

So this was my first race. Did the half marathon. That hill around 10 ks was insane. But on the whole I really enjoyed the experience despite it being so hot and being thoroughly finished at the end. I will definitely be back.

I have a question though for the hakahana people. Why is it that the rinkhals single track doesn't seem to feature on any of their now marked trails as published on the site. That was one of the highlights for me and I'd love to take some friends there in the future but I fear we may get lost due to it not featuring on any of the official trails. Or perhaps I don't know how to read a map.

Especially the loose sand in the bottom left and right corners......and the corrugated road.....a sure cure for severe haemorrhoids on a HT. Got caught out by similar loose sand after a descent at Hakahana......OTB and some ego bruising.

You are right, the golf carts will get caught out by the corrugations and imagine how they will handle the thick sand.