Bike racks: Suspended or platform

Lamber

Looks like I'm getting mine today

I have one of these, a bit heavy at 18kg but works like a bomb, very easy to install and remove and also to load bikes.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used hanging racks for years. Sometimes 4 bikes. Never ad a problem. Used stretchy cables to secure bikes together and to rack so no movement. Needed some small section of styrofoam e tubing that opens along the side to put around forks or cranks where potentially touching.

Trouble is with dual sus bikes. Often don't fit on the rack because of shock. Then have to try use down tube. Ok if 1 bike, but not if more bikes.

I like the platform racks, but hanging also easy and smaller to store or carry in boot of car.

When I bought my racks platform wasn't available. Now I do think platform would be great but quite expensive.

Just had to hand my roof racks back in to Thule as they were letting water leak threw the door (great service by them with my complaint) and to cut a long story short i need to get a tow bar put on.

I drive a new VW Polo and just want to know what the story is with the warranty. if i get a Bosal tow bar does that make my warranty void? VW want to charge R8000 and Speedy want R3000!

Just had to hand my roof racks back in to Thule as they were letting water leak threw the door (great service by them with my complaint) and to cut a long story short i need to get a tow bar put on.

I drive a new VW Polo and just want to know what the story is with the warranty. if i get a Bosal tow bar does that make my warranty void? VW want to charge R8000 and Speedy want R3000!

VW just fitted this Bosal as part of my Polo purchase (New car, so it would be covered by warranty)

post-5403-0-61814900-1377780337.jpg

So has anybody used the BnB platform rack yet? I need some feedback to make a decision between the BnB platform rack and the Thelma 2. Really like the fact that with the Thelma nothing touches the frame, only the wheels. Less risk of damage I suppose? But the BnB rack looks very solid and for only R2000!

Any feedback appreciated!

So has anybody used the BnB platform rack yet? I need some feedback to make a decision between the BnB platform rack and the Thelma 2. Really like the fact that with the Thelma nothing touches the frame, only the wheels. Less risk of damage I suppose? But the BnB rack looks very solid and for only R2000!

Bought the BnB rack last week.

It is heavy but the construction is solid. Simple to put together, provided you don't get distracted and then temporarily loose the instruction sheet (to the dog) and a couple nuts.

Haven't really put it through it's paces but seems to be up to the challenge.Also has a tilt feature to allow you to get into boot

Bought the BnB rack last week.

It is heavy but the construction is solid. Simple to put together, provided you don't get distracted and then temporarily loose the instruction sheet (to the dog) and a couple nuts.

Haven't really put it through it's paces but seems to be up to the challenge.Also has a tilt feature to allow you to get into boot

Getting my one this weekend .... if I can get out to Makro that is.

Getting mine later this afternoon- imported from Bloem.

Will share some pics once I have it.

I agree with Hairy on this one. The price difference between a Thule and BnB is material for something that performs the same function. Also leaning towards the BnB at this stage!

Hairy, once you got yours, please let me know what you think!

Getting mine later this afternoon- imported from Bloem.

Will share some pics once I have it.

Yes please do! Thx

We use the hanging rack for short distances and then erm this "little" thing when we go on holiday and are traveling far.

563690_10151556079131521_550959891_n.jpg

Superstar Status!