Rockman Entry give away competition

Face Plant

Guest Travis.

When training for a tri: Know your strengths and slowly build up your weaknesses. This relates to each discipline.

In the race you should not get negative when you fall behind in your weak discipline, use your strengths to their maximum.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 1.5 to 2 km of the run of the bike is always the worst. Get of the bike, force yourself to run. Find your rhythm in the first 10 to 12 min of the pace you want to do and the rest of the run will be much easier.

You will hit a bad patch during the run.

In fact you'll be lucky if you only hit 1 bad patch.

Fight through it, slow down to walk if you must, but keep on going - each step is a step closer to the finish line.

During this time, snack on something, hydrate and stay positive.

Miraculously you'll regain some energy and you will run again.

Break the race down into sizeable portions. Focus on the swim, then the cycle and finally the run.

Be proud of yourself for completing each discipline. The morale boost will left your spirits

Dont eat to much at the end of the bike leg as you will start digesting and get cramps on the run

Always wear last years branded clothes or Ironman finishes shirt at registration