DHL EXPRESS, WTF?

YUMEYA

I just placed an order with CRC and took the Priority tracked option. I hope and pray it didn't go with DHL....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but .... surely it can be escalated to someone who can assess the merits of the situation and make a positive decision, since I refer them to our company web site which has both address on, my email is the same domain as the company name etc

We get attempted fraud almost every day, so its not rocket science.

Yah, I hear you, big companies, thousands of workers, very strict policies, no one will risk their butt getting kicked, its unfortunately normal, I reckon you need to go make a personal visit, sometimes just seeing the person face to face sorts out many issues, impersonal methods over e-mail etc leaves too much room for "dumbing down."

I just placed an order with CRC and took the Priority tracked option. I hope and pray it didn't go with DHL....

priority tracked is not dhl. express delivery is. but dont believe the advert: it's a fraud...

DHL contrary to popular belief is an excellent forwarder, they deal with literally millions and millions of parcels daily, they are one of the worlds giants, but, like anything they can only work with what they have. Its vital to make sure your paperwork is correct and you have contactable addresses and telephone number clearly visible on the waybills.

yikes, i feel so much better about teh delay that will stretch delivery into next week. The supervisor acknowledges that the fault was on their side, and he apologises.

wtf-ever.. :thumbdown: :angry:

Apparently some computer makes the decision whether it goes Parcel Post or DHL based on its size/weight, you will see the details once its shipped on the order on the CRC website.

Sadly this computer is too doff to figure that a PO Box address is a bad idea for the DHL method, causing much customer distress and dissatisfaction

DHL contrary to popular belief is an excellent forwarder, they deal with literally millions and millions of parcels daily, they are one of the worlds giants, but, like anything they can only work with what they have. Its vital to make sure your paperwork is correct and you have contactable addresses and telephone number clearly visible on the waybills.

Well hopefully that is all OK. Gave cell number and work address as well as the street address where I expect delivery so here's hoping...

Apparently some computer makes the decision whether it goes Parcel Post or DHL based on its size/weight, you will see the details once its shipped on the order on the CRC website.

Sadly this computer is too doff to figure that a PO Box address is a bad idea for the DHL method, causing much customer distress and dissatisfaction

Mine is still processing. Will wait for the good news next week to see who gets the honour of delivering my bits....

• 2 weeks later...

Would also say go and collect and take ID and other docummentation as proof.

Hah, DHL "delivered" my order to a random business in our office block the other day, their receptionist signed for it.

I only realised this because online tracking showed "delivered, signed for by Lyle". I don't know a Lyle, so had to get the block's security to help me figure out what happened. Crazy!

Hah, DHL "delivered" my order to a random business in our office block the other day, their receptionist signed for it.

I only realised this because online tracking showed "delivered, signed for by Lyle". I don't know a Lyle, so had to get the block's security to help me figure out what happened. Crazy!

Wait, a business in your block has a receptionist named Lyle? Did she have rather large hands and a protruding lump in her throat?

I instructed DHL to return the parcel to CRC. That was after several very stressful conversations with randoms in their call centres to change the PO Box to street address, and they would not help. Also disappointed with CRC: then I filed a PayPal dispute, but they did refund.

Then after all this I get a call this week from DHL (the 1st), they want to deliver the parcel, I tell them the story again, but they say its ready to be delivered (10 days after landing in SA) so I give them the street address. Then another call later, to say the parcel had in fact been returned to sender.

Wait, a business in your block has a receptionist named Lyle? Did she have rather large hands and a protruding lump in her throat?

Believe it or not, no! She did have a small brain though, seeing as she opened my package (which has my name on the label!) before realising that it wasn't meant for her. WTF. Nothing quite like knowing someone else has had a peek at your shiny new XX1 cranks...

Believe it or not, no! She did have a small brain though, seeing as she opened my package (which has my name on the label!) before realising that it wasn't meant for her. WTF. Nothing quite like knowing someone else has had a peek at your shiny new XX1 cranks...

FFS that grates me...

They are silly with their prices. Had to send 6 bottles of wine with them to California 2 months ago and they wanted to charge $400 dollars