Long term review of the Sworks Venge?

Madlight

Hey guys,

I'm on the verge of buying a Venge and was wondering if any of you have some long term reviews out there. I mostly ride flat and fast (ish for an old man) and leave the climbing to the mountain goats out there. I was thinking of the Tarmac or similar, but like the sledgehammer appeal of the Venge although I'm a bit concerned that it might be a bit too harsh.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at the Specialized Venge or Roubaix for awhile now, all the reviews I have seen have been good, for both. Sorry i cannot offer any personal experience with the Venge.

I'm also considering a new bike i can use for normal road and IM distance triathlon.

The only thing i dont like about the Venge are the Aero tubes which imo add unnessecary weight due to extra material required for the tear drop shape. IMO the aero profile shaped tubes are a waste of time unless you are constantly riding at speeds of 35 kmh or higher, but that just a personal femish of mine....

Cool stuff, thanks guys. I've pushed the button on a S-works matt black stealth bomber and going for SRAM red 22 (the budget just doesn't stretch to Campy Record).

Nice bike, I'm going to keep an eye out for you on the R27 :thumbup:

Cool stuff, thanks guys. I've pushed the button on a S-works matt black stealth bomber and going for SRAM red 22 (the budget just doesn't stretch to Campy Record).

PIctures otherwise........ :thumbup:

That frame looks the business, cant go wrong with Spez IMO, and of course Aero is everything, I hope you have some nice hoops to put on that guy

post-47673-0-61930100-1377677385_thumb.jpg

That is seriously stunning :thumbup: :drool: Enjoy the bike and envious stares :ph34r: . Post pic of completed build once done

What size frame is that? Looks like a 56 or thereabouts. :thumbup: Pity about the Campag budgetry constraints, but quite understandable.