Congrats to Nigel H

Headshot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should have seen the non-jumper on the final rock garden, he hardly touched down....just sort of levitated over the rocks

'Twas that new sneaky line he found.... ;)

No it was just me railing the corner before early and having FAR too much speed into those rocks ... And thinking ,,,, "F it .... Its worlds! DONT BRAKE!!!" .... and just sending the shlt out of that rock garden and nearly ending my life when i came up short and nosed onto a rock!

No it was just me railing the corner before early and having FAR too much speed into those rocks ... And thinking ,,,, "F it .... Its worlds! DONT BRAKE!!!" .... and just sending the shlt out of that rock garden and nearly ending my life when i came up short and nosed onto a rock!

LOL! "DON"T BREAK!!!" I say that a lot, but it never turns out good for me...

Congrad's on the win!! :thumbup:

To everyone on here and all those who were there supporting ... I really want to express my appreciation! It was absolutely amazing coming into the finish arena and having the crowd going absolutely mental!!!

You cant really describe the feeling.

And then ... when i finished to have had a perfect run, and hear the announcer say ... "He's gone fastest!" ... That was a dream come true ... as all i was hoping for was a medal! .... Then to watch as Tom came down having gone down in Cloud 9 .... and suddenly I was guaranteed a 2nd ... and i was like "WTF!! ... im in 2nd!!!" ....... and then the next moment to see the Frenchie (who ended up 2nd overall) with a flat crossing the line .... and I was like ....... SHlT .. I just WON!!!! ..... WOW!!!!

So to everyone! Thanks again .....

If you are around over the next couple of days ... Please come and introduce yourselves .....

Cheers

Nige

To everyone on here and all those who were there supporting ... I really want to express my appreciation! It was absolutely amazing coming into the finish arena and having the crowd going absolutely mental!!!

You cant really describe the feeling.

And then ... when i finished to have had a perfect run, and hear the announcer say ... "He's gone fastest!" ... That was a dream come true ... as all i was hoping for was a medal! .... Then to watch as Tom came down having gone down in Cloud 9 .... and suddenly I was guaranteed a 2nd ... and i was like "WTF!! ... im in 2nd!!!" ....... and then the next moment to see the Frenchie (who ended up 2nd overall) with a flat crossing the line .... and I was like ....... SHlT .. I just WON!!!! ..... WOW!!!!

So to everyone! Thanks again .....

If you are around over the next couple of days ... Please come and introduce yourselves .....

Cheers

Nige

If I was there I would have had to fetch you a draught to down! Congrats guy!

Edited by Nofearnofun

• 4 weeks later...

Well done Nigel! And well done also for the course. I had so much fun riding it. Another week of practice would have done me good but anyway thanks a lot!

Remi #162

this was done by Lloyd Ramsay back in 2010 .... was fun to do but makes me look like a hacker as he asked some doff questions.

This on the other hand was a good edit that Lloyd put together ... pity Justin doesn't race anymore

http://vimeo.com/11379565

Edited by nigelhicks

another one Lloyd did for me when i got my GT

So can we expect another shoot when you have your new rig ready to roll?

yip you can

I want to finish it first - then do the shoot - but should have all the parts for it soon

its gonna be a sick build

Frame - ......??? Heeheehee

Fork - Boxxer World Cup with 2014 internals

Derailleur - X0 10spd DH

Shifter - X0 10spd DH

Cranks - Shimano Saint

Brakes - Either Shimano Saint (old ones) or XT (new ones) - will see what looks better

Chain guide - X0 ( i think)

Seat - Syncros Carbon

Seatpost - Syncros Carbon

Handlebar - ENVE DH Carbon

Stem - ???

Hubs - Hope Pro 2 EVO - Red

Rims - ???? Not sure yet - but they will be Black - and maybe carbon

Frame - ......??? Heeheehee

Fork - Boxxer World Cup with 2014 internals

Derailleur - X0 10spd DH

Shifter - X0 10spd DH

Cranks - Shimano Saint

Brakes - Either Shimano Saint (old ones) or XT (new ones) - will see what looks better

Chain guide - X0 ( i think)

Seat - Syncros Carbon

Seatpost - Syncros Carbon

Handlebar - ENVE DH Carbon

Stem - ???

Hubs - Hope Pro 2 EVO - Red

Rims - ???? Not sure yet - but they will be Black - and maybe carbon

You killing us man!!!

PS the bike i am on in my video is the same rig that GREBEL is running now! :thumbup:

With a few changes here and there. I think I need to send it in for a service. It feels a bit sluggish.... :whistling: :lol: