Saddle advice after urologist

Zatek

This thread is making my eye's water and as I sit here I'm cupping and typing with one hand ..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man - if that does not remove pressure on the nerve and urethra, then I don't know what will.... my skinny sit bones might just fall right through that...

Wyatt - my advice is if at all possible to avoid an op in the area.... and get a good urologist to do it too... NOT ME - I only know the basics... as they say - when in doubt... amputate... :)

OK - I am just kidding around a bit - but certainly a change to boxer shorts is in order - as well as some time off the bike - and with luck it will resolve without intervention - but I REALLY DO NOT like the sound of blood in the urine from this at all - something must be torn/leakin

g.

Done the yesterday. Only need 2 days of but I am making it a 5 day off.

Holy caboodle, that must hurt like hell.

My nuts normally tighten when a chick has boobs or eyes like spanners.

Hope you don't need an op, however I think it's a small procedure where they numb the pink cigar, shove a telescopic cutter in there and fix.

V12 man can give better advice.

Okay Dangle I almost pissed in my pants reading this. Frikken hilarious

It is vain that carries the urine and the other stuff. Symptons is blood after urinating, burning sensation, struggling to urinate or to control the urge to urinate and dripping of urine after urinating.

The urethra is a tube from the bladder to the outside - it is not a vein... although structurally similar..

Those symptoms are also similar for a number of conditions, and one assumes that the urologist has eliminated the others - like Prostate issues, infections, STDs etc - and is not just blaming the saddle without due cause and appropriate testing.

for my own general knowledge I would like to know what a swalling and narrowing of the utara is ?

I think he meant to say a "narrowing" and "swelling" of the "urethra"

The urethra is a tube from the bladder to the outside - it is not a vein... although structurally similar..

Those symptoms are also similar for a number of conditions, and one assumes that the urologist has eliminated the others - like Prostate issues, infections, STDs etc - and is not just blaming the saddle without due cause and appropriate testing.

OP, if you have freckles on the one eyed monster, then this guy makes sense.

According to my urologist I had swalling and narrowing of my utara. So in short I am that friend who's tools went numb and blood in his urine.

Is there someone else who had this problem and had to change saddles? You can pm me as well but I wish I had more knowledge about this. Could save me alot if pain and medical bills. Its not fun going to the hospital for the procedures to fix it.

Thanks

I had the unfortunate occurrence of a massive urinary tract infection that moved thru the whole undercarriage and this also resulted in a narrowing of the tubes and damage to my bladder neck and an enlarged prostrate. (Sorry girls) This all happened straight after the K2C 2years ago. I had to eventually have surgery to repair everything, Dilation, prostrate surgery and bladder neck repair. Sounds gory but after 6 months I was back to normal? I researched the whole saddle issue and there was a lot of useful info on the web. The bottom line was that your body has a great deal of protection in this area and providing your saddle angle and set up is correct, it will not cause any problems. I believe you should fix the narrowing first and then address the saddle issue. I am riding with Fiziik Gobie on both MTB and road bikes with no discomfort. Surgery is probably your only option, but if it is just dilation it is not too bad. I won't go into detail how the surgeon gets access to this area. Good Luck!

I won't go into detail how the surgeon gets access to this area. Good Luck!

I'm guessing he has to slice your chongwe open ? Eish, makes a vasectomy seem like a common cold !

I'm guessing he has to slice your chongwe open ? Eish, makes a vasectomy seem like a common cold !

Chongwe.... river in the Caprivi Strip?

When I had a bit of numbness in the old fella, I also went for a saddle with a cut out. Unfortunately, that fix didn't work. Only once I saw the guys at cycle fit did the problem get resolved. The change of Riding position and saddle level and height makes a world of difference in one go.

If you haven't had a fit, try it. Seriously, it works so well to get rid of the niggles!