Advise from the 29er experts please.Scott vs Spez

T-man

Hi Hubbers

I sold my Scott scale 50. Now I need a new bike. Going 29er full suss. Options: Scott spark 920 with crest wheelset, also converted to 2x10, maxxis ikon rear and swhalbe racing ralph snake skin front tyre. 2 bottle cages incl...R37900.

Or to persue Specialized epic carbon comp priced R39000 without any extras. Seems like specialized concept stores are not really negotiable on their prices...????

I would love some advice please guys!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spez concept stores are the most expensive. I bought 4 Spez bikes in the past 10 months. None of them at the concept store. They are too pricey. Unfortunately. I saw the bike you are looking for go for as low as R 35500, spez epic comp carbon 2013 models, last week when I was shopping around for a stumpie hard tail.

I need a new bike by Thursday. I like the Epic more,but its alot for the 2013 model...
get hold of Wyatt. I am sure he can sort you out chop chop.

I need a new bike by Thursday. I like the Epic more,but its alot for the 2013 model...

The 2013 is better looking, for sure. And the specs are the same, thats what I was told. I also bought a 2013 model, much better looking than the 2014 models, all the specs were exactly the same, except the brakes, on my stumpie. But it was R7000 South African rands cheaper. No brainer for me.

Spanner in your works - Santa Cruz Tallboy

Wrong size spanner. Lovely machine, absolutely gorgeous, and I would love to own one. But not even remotely the same type of bike the OP is looking for.