Hill2Hill 2013 Who's in?

dyls

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great day out there on the SS. was awesome doing a sub 5, after my first two were plus 8 and last year was 0625.

Friesland and Mikes were easy. From bartletts and the ark was a challenge on a 32x17...

Had a great day out there on the SS. was awesome doing a sub 5, after my first two were plus 8 and last year was 0625.

Friesland and Mikes were easy. From bartletts and the ark was a challenge on a 32x17...

So - would you use a different ratio set next time?

Garmin showed it was shorter this year...95 on mine. Thanking my lucky stars though as the cramps infiltrated way too early! From 56 already %$#^! Was expecting around 5:15 and ended on 4:49. Like I said lucky the mileage had been chopped.

Not one I'll look back on in fondness.

PercyZn was it you that finished with me just under 5 today? There was a guy on a single speed with me at the end.

I should maybe rephrase proper mountainbiking as a proper mtb endurance test. You are right the Tar was alot.

did it in 2011 last and couldn't remember that amount of tar :)

VanGaalens is by far more "Proper" than this ride but not more "Endurance"

Great result for you !

Edited by Ovenboi

Started my First Hill2Hill race yesterday on 2x9 set up, and finished on a single speed after breaking my rear derailer hanger shortly after bartletts, and then got a flat tire just before hammarsdale. it was an interestind day out but serious fun! Cant wait for next year, at least I set a time that will be easy to beat :eek:

Well done bru. That's a great result. I couldn't get under 5 hours with my 20 gears. Was very pleased to see that rocky forest section after Mikes climb missing in action this year. Hope this course stays like this longterm. Best conditions I've ever done the race in. Times showed that. Never easy this thing though.

So - would you use a different ratio set next time?

Nope, I will run the same ration again. the hills were a little tough, but what can one expect racing hill2hill with one gear...I actually battled more on the flats, was tough hanging onto the geared bikes on those long roads. First 2 hours our average speed was around 25kms/hr.

For me the ratio was correct.

PercyZn was it you that finished with me just under 5 today? There was a guy on a single speed with me at the end.

I should maybe rephrase proper mountainbiking as a proper mtb endurance test. You are right the Tar was alot.

did it in 2011 last and couldn't remember that amount of tar :)

VanGaalens is by far more "Proper" than this ride but not more "Endurance"

Great result for you !

i finished 04h52, so not sure if I was with you or not. I hear there were about 5 or 6 SS on the race yesterday