Hill2Hill 2013 Who's in?

dyls

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mercury's rising...2011's heat was hectic - resembled a warzone that last 10km or so.

Yup! sitting at 31 degrees now. I joined up for the training ride on Sunday and when we finished up at the Polo fields it was 40 degrees!!! I could have filled both my water bottles with the sweat that was pouring off my brow :blink:

looks like it gonna be a scorcher.... I have done the last 3. 2010 Unfit and hot. 2011 Very unfit and very hot! 2012 fit and muddy.

Of the 3 I have to say the mud was the best, but maybe only cause I was fit..

So this year looks like fit and hot.. Lets see what the day brings. It is a tough son a ..tch race. Especially from halfway to Shongweni... Never ending...

So does anyone know if we are going down the switchbacks in Summerveld on the 105 km race? I've heard some people say we are others say they have taken them out because its too technical for that stage of the race!?!

I'm in for the 105km. I did my first one in 2011 in the hectic heat and I was unfit. Almost died.

I missed last year due to flu so looking forward to this one.

The first time I rode I nearly died. When I got under the bridge near the end I just wanted to get into the featal position and cry myself to sleep. The last 20k is done by sheer willpower. How the pros do 4:00 beats me.

Drink of choice for Hill 2 Hill 105 on Sun will be 32Gi Endurance 1st bottle and then onto 32Gi Accelerate for the latter stages.

Thing is everyone's always banging on about the importance of including real food along the way. Would the Race Food nougat blocks qualify and would they work in conjunction with the 32Gi products?

Looking forward to hopefully a great ride ! Proper Mountainbiking :)

I hope you have a great ride on Suunday, and dont get me wrong, h2h is one of my favourite races of all time, but I would not describe it as "proper mountainbiking" It has tar, district road and jeep track. Very little purpose built single track?

Proper mountain biking would be more like the trails of Karkloof or one of the JHB/Sani2C races. my 2 cents

Hill2Hill is proper tough, proper mentally shattering and proper endurance, but I would not say Proper Mountainbiking.

Edited by Percyzn