Dropper Post

madmarc

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they didn't have stock at the time.

Hmmmm. More likely my browser not refreshing properly when changing length on the drop down box. It was 15 min from the original post so my browser is the likely candidate.

Either way, they're a great source of droppers.

I Love my dropper post. its the best Money I have ever spent. Once you Get used to you will never be able to Comfortably ride a none dropper again !!

I ride a KS Supernatural with 150mm drop. the KS are very well priced but i have One piece of piece of advice for all cable actuated system's, Find a small spring and use at the cable mount. this makes Sure no mud etc. stops the Cable from working.

The hydraulic systems avoid this which is s win,

Thanks for all the feedback guys. After reading all there is to read about dropper posts I decided on the KS LEV.

So does anyone know where or which bike shop I can get the best deal.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. After reading all there is to read about dropper posts I decided on the KS LEV.So does anyone know where or which bike shop I can get the best deal.
great choice, give the guys at international trade a call and check with them. they are the agents in SA.speak to Jacques or Jason. if the budget is stretched ( as the LEV is flipping steep)consider the supernatural.http://www.intltrade.co.za/ Edited by DaddyG

Can/should one lubricate the dropper post cable? My command post trigger is feeling a little sticky.

Mine is also feeling 'sticky' for the last few rides I have done, I have a hydraulic one though and I think it is time to bleed it.

Oh, on the note of diameters. If your seatpost tube is 31.6mm, then get a 30.9mm and run it with a USE alu shim. (I do this).

Reason being, if you ever want to change frames to one with a 30.9mm, you don't need to sell your dropper. Also the shim (I think) keeps the inserted part of ths post shaft looking nicer for longer. None of those burs (that that frames often have in the seatpost tubes) to scratch your prescious dropper post.

Where did you find a 30.9 to 31.6 shim?

yes you can lube the cable but its more than likely just a little dirt, take the able out and clean with a degreaser and add some lube of choice, i like to use a little dry lube on the cable before i feed into the housing, should sort your issue no worries. have heard of guys packing the outer end caps with grease but not sure thats a good idea as dirt will turn it into a grinding paste.

When I was looking for one (about 20 months ago), CRC didn't have them yet.

I bought it directly from USE in the UK. They had an online factory outlet. The postage cost more than the shim, but still worth it.

This is where I went

http://use1.com/use-...309mm-i/d-shims

Thanks, I've using a brass shim that was lying around. Works well enough, for now anyway.

• 3 months later...

Gravity Dropper is also a nice dropper post, and CRC stocks all their parts.

They have also been in the game for a very long time.

They are cable actuated and the dropper mechanism works with a coil spring and pin, in lieu of a hydraulic system utilised by other manufacturers.

http://gravitydroppe...ts/turbo-parts/

http://www.chainreac...gravity dropper

Their entry level (non remote) Descender model can be upgraded to a remote actuated post as well, which is nice.

post-4006-0-41531300-1378464470_thumb.png

I'm thinking of getting one of these. They're pretty light and seem quite simple. Do you have one? I'm looking at the Decender, without the cable clutter & remote. Would be good to know some further thoughts...