Dropper Post

madmarc

Hydraulic just means it may have to be bled from time to time. I wouldn't base my choice on cable or hydraulic though.

As for prices on the Lev. International Trade are the KS agents for SA. (They also do Hope, WTB, Spank, SDG, FSA, Birzman and many other nice goodies.

And length... 100mm is a bit obsolete. go 125mm or 150mm if you can.

SDG no more...

The best thing about KS models is that you can get an entry level model for well under R2k which works just as well as the top end ones. Also a few models just over R2k. They obviously do have the annoying cable routing though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about trying one on my hardtail.. (Im serious)

I've got so used to using a dropper that since getting a Lev, my i950R is going onto my new AM hardtail build - which will mostly be run as a single speed.

SDG no more...

The best thing about KS models is that you can get an entry level model for well under R2k which works just as well as the top end ones. Also a few models just over R2k. They obviously do have the annoying cable routing though.

I noted the cable routing on KS is different to the Reverb, but i would have thought thats its better as the cable doesn't move up and down with the seat.

would be interested in why you say the routing is annoying ?

Thanks Dude,

As per the site there is the 30.9mm Diameter /385mm length. Should work with the Mbuzi.... I think as I'm pretty clueless on these dropper posts :wacko:

I've got so used to using a dropper that since getting a Lev, my i950R is going onto my new AM hardtail build - which will mostly be run as a single speed.

This will be on my SS ;-)

Shhhh stop letting the secret out ... My mates think I've got skills .. If only they knew that riding with a dropper is like cheating ...

I noted the cable routing on KS is different to the Reverb, but i would have thought thats its better as the cable doesn't move up and down with the seat.

would be interested in why you say the routing is annoying ?

The Lev is the only KS which has the actuation in the collar. In other words it doesn't move at all. On some of their cheaper posts the cable actuation is right up at the seat clamp. On the cheapest one, the Dropzone and the old i900 I think, the cable is on the front of the post which for me is more annoying as the cable is more likely to flare out and touch your leg. The other KS models all attach at the rear which works and looks better.