thehubsa classifieds epic failures

PaulTeague

If I had a Bronson I wouldn't want to sell it either!

Maybe the poor guy's wife is grumpy and telling him to put his bike up for sale. So to keep her happy he does so... but in a way that makes it unlikely to sell.

Win-win! hahah!

Next week it will go up to R60k...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a Bronson I wouldn't want to sell it either!

Maybe the poor guy's wife is grumpy and telling him to put his bike up for sale. So to keep her happy he does so... but in a way that makes it unlikely to sell.

Win-win! hahah!

maybe he should MTFU and get a new wife.

Have a look at the recent santacruz ad, no info given, and a half picture... And for 50000? Almost like they don't want to sell it... Very annoying

That Bronson has been on 4 different adverts in the last day, 1st was 50K, then was 28K, late yesterday was back to 50K and now I see is 55K?????

HaHa, yes just like the car advert that says " only driven by an old granny and only on Sundays". Only in the bile advert, the bike is as old as the granny and it has been around the block a million times!!!

Sarge

It's a basic principle that one should do your homework on any item being sold i.e. What will it cost new online versus buying it from your local LBS.........

I have yet to experience someone trying to rip me off selling on here. It might just be my luck but everyone I have dealt with till now have been very professional......not to mention the fact that we end up being friends having a common interest in cycling ect.

If you are unsure about anything anyone is selling.......ask the seller first and then ask advice on here. Im pretty sure between the lot of us we can answer and give advise on just about any/every aspect

Have a look at the recent santacruz ad, no info given, and a half picture... And for 50000? Almost like they don't want to sell it... Very annoying

I agree.That really is a crap ad.It is a large :cursing:

That Bronson has been on 4 different adverts in the last day, 1st was 50K, then was 28K, late yesterday was back to 50K and now I see is 55K?????

The ad for 28k was the frame only.

My two favourites recently:

The one is the specialized tarmac, for sale for 10800. Been up for the whole year now! And his first few ads his line was "first person to see it will buy it!". Yeah. Sure.

And yesterday, someone was selling a gps/hrm and the line was "almost never been used."

Gotta love the classifieds!

I thought Admin had sorted this all out? People should not be allowed to post an ad without ticking all the boxes, unless this is done the ad should not be put up.

You would think that the people posting these ads would have half a brain, especially if you are selling expensive items, how could they afford them if they are so stupid when it comes to a simple advert?

The R28/29k was for frame only. (Which is already steep)

I thought Admin had sorted this all out? People should not be allowed to post an ad without ticking all the boxes, unless this is done the ad should not be put up.

You would think that the people posting these ads would have half a brain, especially if you are selling expensive items, how could they afford them if they are so stupid when it comes to a simple advert?

Completely agree with this, a checklist / template needs to be populated before an ad can be placed

The R28/29k was for frame only. (Which is already steep)

Is it?

I saw a fully assembled bike in Finish Line a while ago and it was going for 90K granted it was carbon wheels etc but still :eek: