New Cape Town frame builder

Dan Dob

That plain black looks good!

How does it ride, what makes it worth it?

Well, most importantly it fits me really well. I am 1.97cm, with a very long inseam. It's amazingly comfortable and stable, especially when compared to the frames I have had in the past.

Furthermore, I was somewhat involved in the design and build process, which I really enjoyed.

Steel frames last almost forever, and if they don't... well.. they can be fixed. This is a frame which will last me for a looooong time.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most importantly it fits me really well. I am 1.97cm, with a very long inseam. It's amazingly comfortable and stable, especially when compared to the frames I have had in the past.

Furthermore, I was somewhat involved in the design and build process, which I really enjoyed.

Steel frames last almost forever, and if they don't... well.. they can be fixed. This is a frame which will last me for a looooong time.

Probably down to the 68.5 degree head angle and shortish chainstays. Good looking bike!

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

• 5 weeks later...

Boy builds some nice bikes.

Will be nice to get some feedback from Alex regarding how the frame holds up and how that geometry works.

I like it a lot.

I had a VanNicolas planned that was very similar. But the factory wasvery hesitant to build it and I eventually dropped the order and bought a LOOK 585 Optimum instead. Nice to see that Mercer bikes is a little more flexible in what they are willing to try

And all I can do is drool!!!!! Dave Mercer makes beautifull bikes!!!!! Thanks for sharing Dan! Also some beautifull spiritual lessons to be gained here!