Ultra Poormans XX1

Flowta

Running wolftooth 34T upfront and fitted a 40T on a shimano XT at the rear (Zee derailleur). It works great with just a slight bit of extra effort between 15 and 19.

Tried fitting a SRAM 16T off a 9spd cassette - the shifting with the standard 15T to 19T was smoother.

Which shimano 10spd cassettes have a loose 16T cog - will one off a 9spd XT work?

Anyone have a OneUp 16T they wanna sell?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience is that the OneUp 16t doesn't shift well at all. I've ordered some shimano 10spd ones which are still on their way. And I think with a 42 at the back, a 36 in front would have been better for my application...

My experience is that the OneUp 16t doesn't shift well at all. I've ordered some shimano 10spd ones which are still on their way. And I think with a 42 at the back, a 36 in front would have been better for my application...

If you don't mind the question, through who did you order the shimano 10spd 16T cogs? Do they sell them seperately?

Just ordered my 42T OneUp green sprocket together with a Rapide NarrowWide 32T chainring!!! Now Im like a 5year old boy waiting at the chimney for father christmas............

Those Rapide rings are nice, cause you can use standard chainring bolts. No need for track bolts or to file down a set

I set up one of my bikes with a X9 1 x 10. Works like a charm no front guide or deruiler dropped a chain once over a very rough section other than that all smooth running.

Should I put on a new chain when I get my new 42T OneUp and 32T NarrowWide blades? Maybe its a good idea, dont want them ruined in a few rides!

Anyone have any experience with using a SRAM x9 derailer without a clutch or a 1x10 setup?

I had one on my 1x10 setup for a while and had very minimal issues. I had my chain drop a few times but I put that down to stretched chain.

Dude, I can't thank you enough for this post. I can now have XX1 for under R2000. Just need to wait for Wolftooth to bring out the 96BCD NW rings. Let the poorman XX1 revolution begin!

Been running my XT1x10 for about 8months now :thumbup:

absolutely flawless setup

34 Wofltooth Chain ring

11-36 XT cassette

Clutch XT rear mech

Minimal weight loss, reduces chainsuck tremendously in muddy conditions, easy to clean the bike but for me the winner of this setup was it reduces unnecessary gear shifting.

aaaaaand yet to drop a chain :clap:

Should I put on a new chain when I get my new 42T OneUp and 32T NarrowWide blades? Maybe its a good idea, dont want them ruined in a few rides!

I had to put on a new chain (longer) with the 42T wolftooth.

You guys running standard 3-ring cranks with the single ring fitted as if it was the middle ring? Any Chainline limitations?

You guys running standard 3-ring cranks with the single ring fitted as if it was the middle ring? Any Chainline limitations?

Haven't had any issues.