Go West Cycle Tour ( 29/9/2013 )

Prozac

I have entered this race . . .

105 km with road closure (seeing is believing)

ChampionChip timing

Anybody have an idea if a route map will be available ?

Hope to see you hubbers there / here in the WEST . . . ?

FYI :

Entries rolling in for Go West Cycle Tour

16 September 2013 – The inaugural GO WEST CYCLE TOUR is less than two weeks away and the event, which boasts full road closure for the 105km route, caters for all levels of cyclists wanting to get in some necessary legwork before some upcoming road race classics.

The route is relatively flat, and barring strong winds, should provide a great leg spinner as the local road cycling season gets into full swing.

http://csams.cyclingsa.com/media/21762/go_west_and_municipalities_logo.jpg

ROAD RANGERS motorbike marshals will be on hand to keep riders safe, and ER24 will be providing all medical backup if needed. ABI will ensure that all of our cyclists remain hydrated along the route at the pre-planned water stations.

Timing is provided by CHAMPIONCHIP. Remember to bring your chip. If you do not have a chip and wish to have a timed result on the day, timing chips will be on sale at registration. Registration and number collection will be at CYCLELAB LITTLE FALLS from Thursday 26 to Saturday 28 September (13:00) for your convenience. CYCLELAB LITTLE FALLS will also be providing neutral technical support along the route.

DANGEROUS PRODUCTIONS, the very same crew that produced the 2012 footage of the Amashova, will do the event TV production.

Online entries for the GO WEST CYCLE TOUR, which is an initiative run in conjunction with the West Rand District Municipality, can be done at www.cyclingsa.com.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its just a mass start for open riders. Makes sense as its the first year of the race so there wont be stacks of people.

Mass start at the same time? That's going to be interesting!

what ? That's gonna be carnage !

Need to be there early to get to the front . . .

Anybody from CSA that can clarify ?

Mass start at the same time? That's going to be interesting!

I'd much rather take my chances in the Lic group then... i hope i would qualify (do have race lic)

I think its just a mass start for open riders. Makes sense as its the first year of the race so there wont be stacks of people.

Other races in their first years haven't had mass starts. Only makes sense for smaller races. There obviously not expecting many people.

Mass start for open would be interesting although groups would probably form quite quickly.

Edited by Andyr249

I've decided I'm doing this one and probably with the Elites because they're doing 150km. Not sure there will be many in VA.

Anybody has the map or anything? The only thing from the http://www.gowestfest.co.za/index.php/events/cycle-race website is that, "The race starts with the Elite cyclists setting off on a 144km route through each of the West Rand Municipalities and public participants joining them at the 106km mark. The race will start at Coronation Park at 6:00 and meander through all four municipalities ending once again at Coronation park."