Go West Cycle Tour ( 29/9/2013 )

Prozac

Got my race number : A 3019 at 7:45am

There is not a lot of riders . . . looking at the one box with a few entries in it . . .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we only got numbers for Amashova , Not Go West

Did not receive sms nor e-mail. I contacted CSA and they said just to ask for your number by name . . . CSA saving money on sms and data ?

Did not receive sms nor e-mail. I contacted CSA and they said just to ask for your number by name . . . CSA saving money on sms and data ?

Thanks Man

My chest is tight as all hell, hope its sorted in time

Yesterday on Twitter CSA wrote:

Registration at Cycle Lab Little Falls

Thursday 26th : 2-4pm

Friday 27th : 10am-4pm

Saturday 28th : 10am-1pm

Who got there at 11h00 this morning? Just revisited and yes, there are min entries in the open groups but the licenced are better supported.

Who got there at 11h00 this morning? Just revisited and yes, there are min entries in the open groups but the licenced are better supported.

I'm pretty sure that there will be more Lic entries... Have you seen the prize money values?? :eek: They pulled out all the stops for the Elite prize monies.

R40 000 for the winner and so on until 10th place or so

A race with a lot of potential, great route and good vibe. Obviously a number of organizational and marshaling issues - to be expected with a smaller (inaugural) race like this.

Man, the wind was pumping on the Randfontein flats!!!!

Race itself was ok, marshaling in Randfontein CBD was a problem due to motorists not obeying marshalls.

Event wasn't advertised properly.

Started late.

Number collection was inconvenient.

Not sure why it stated road closure when it clearly wasn't the case.

Section of road heading back to Randfontein wasn't great, more bike marshalls needed.

Needs more numbers - nowhere to hide in the wind!!

Race itself was ok, marshaling in Randfontein CBD was a problem due to motorists not obeying marshalls.

Event wasn't advertised properly.

Started late.

Number collection was inconvenient.

Not sure why it stated road closure when it clearly wasn't the case.

Section of road heading back to Randfontein wasn't great, more bike marshalls needed.

Needs more numbers - nowhere to hide in the wind!!

I thought I will first wait and see after last years Silver Oaks race in PTA. Looks like the right decision.

Lots of work for CSA if this race will continue in future . . .

Good "raining ride" . . .

Mc Donands toilets worked overtime as there was no decent / any facilities close to start . . . (anywhere for that matter)

I saw a oomie taking a "dump" / pinching a "loaf" AKA bos-*** next to his vehicle . . . Not a good sight before a race.

Found myself with 2 okes down to Magalies . . . On the back end a group came past and I grabbed on and did my part to the end. (The marshal designated to our little group did real great job and then were gone by the time we got to Rantfontein) Almost had a nasty collision with a bmw turning straight in from of our group in Ranties.

Road closure or Partial road closure ? . . . ( Only the last 500 odd meters were closed )Apparently the Metro police did not show up ?

Wind as always made it difficult and slow times.

Managed a 3:11 , mmm , not to bad . . . I guess ?

My race was over after 30km, broken spoke as we entered Magaliesburg. Bent the rim so that was me done for the day

Bummer man - did you smack the railway tracks>?

Does anybody know who took the photos yesterday? There was a photographer on the start line but I don't if it might be the event organisers.

My race was over after 30km, broken spoke as we entered Magaliesburg. Bent the rim so that was me done for the day

Jammer om te hoor . . . Not fun and almost in the middle of nowhere . . .