Stolen PYGA and On One Cape Town

Noshow

There cant be many places that those two bikes could be sold without raising suspicion.

Keep an eye on Gumtree and check the local cash crusaders and hope for a bit of luck. Bear in mind if they go to a cash crusaders they won't hit the sales floor for 21 days.

Surely these people wouldnt steal bikes if they did not have an offset point for the stolen items. Somebody is buying these bikes. Shocking

Mark's orange 29er is the one that appeared on may mag covers too. Pyga's seem to do that.

At least we know Neil does not trade in Pyga, nor will anyone trade it in for what he carries in stock. Plus, when one is for sale secondhand (been 1 or 2 cases), they are lapped up so quickly that "selling on behalf" is as rare as a Pyga being sold secondhand!

Best of luck dude.. pressure the cops!

I feel for you. My Pyga was stolen last December. A mate found it advertised on gumtree two weeks later so keep checking. We posed as buyers but something scared off the perp. I still have the guys name and cell number. The cops have done zero. I have never heard from them.

My 2013 Scott Premium Carbon with reverb dropper was stolen out of my locked bakkie last Tuesday morning (anti-theft cable cut through and canopy damaged). So I can relate. According to the insurance assessor, there is a sophisticated theft ring focusing on high-end bikes in Cape Town area.

Good luck, I hope you find both bikes.

Sounds like a couple years ago with Quads in the Alberton district.

Hope it is found.

Actually going to help that it is such a unique bike.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. Nothing from SAPS, or any of the other avenues. I do have an insurance loss adjuster coming round. Not looking forward to that.

Edited by Noshow