2013 Road World Champs

igknot

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding thumbs for the Eritrea - have ridden within some of there guys in Asmara and man they have climbs. You drop 2000m over 50km on some routes

U23 MEN

SILVER for SA's Louis Meintjies!!!!

What a race.

I was on the edge of my couch for the final 60 mins.

Very special race.

Great result for SA.

Edited by ' Dale

U23 MEN

Mohoric for Slovakia takes gold.

CONTRACTED TO RIDE FOR CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING.

It'll inspire Sagan for his race on Sunday.

U23 MEN

Mohoric for Slovakia takes gold.

CONTRACTED TO RIDE FOR CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING.

It'll inspire Sagan for his race on Sunday.

Excellent !! :clap: :clap:

Incredible ride for young Meintjies! Absolutely brilliant ride for him. It was a brilliant ride for silver, his going on the offensive and never giving up was inspiring. He didnt wait in the bunch and wait for a sprint, he displayed experience beyond his years in my opinion. We should be very proud of this young man! And I am sure we will see his name on the world stage for years to come. And well done to Doug Ryders MTN team for developing this young guys talent on the European scene!

@Christie...a few pages back there was a discussion about the equipment restrictions enforced by the UCI. I would like to add a few points to this discussion, and they are not argumentative points!

Firstly, you said SPINERGY wheels were banned for no apparent reason? Are you referring to the old four spoke wheels? If so, I need to say that those wheels were banned for safety reasons. A rider nearly lost his hand after a high speed crash in a bunch where his hand got lodged between the spoke blades of the spinergy wheel. So in my opinion they were justified in their decision to ban those wheels. However, at the same time they banned the 12spoke deep sections for the same reason. That in my opinion was unjustified!

The banning of equipment that increased performance was interesting. Consider the Hour record and how many times it was broken in the 1990's. The bike designs and riding positions without doubt aided the riders. The Lotus Sport, Hotta, Pinarello Espada and Obree's monstrosity had a huge advantage over a standard TT bikes. You just have to look at Boardmans hour record on a "superbike" in relation to his hour record on the "conventional" bike. That is proof enough that equipment plays a huge part, and needs to be regulated to keep it as fair as possible. Without such regulations guys will be using whatever crazy thing they believe will help, safe or not!

Those ZIPP Sub9 discs apparently aid the rider by 11watts at speed. Thats a huge advantage in a TT/TTT.

A lot to consider?