How do i spot FAKE BORA Ultra two

Dhaafier

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad advice. There are a number of fakes with the G3 spoke pattern doing the rounds.

Be careful

I agree have seen a few fake wheels with G3 spoke patterns, but haven't seen a fake G3 carbon hub in till now when Gummi put up the pic.

But with those fakes only the center of the hub is carbon or more likely carbon warped as where the real deal has a complete carbon hub and the bearing pre-load adjuster.

Hi guys, newby here! I need to buy a set of wheels and don't know if they are real or fake! Could you please help? Foto attached. Thanks a lot!!!

Fakes

Those are fake. Boras are all carbon, those in the pic have an alu brake track.

Decals are wrong.spoke count is wrong.hubs are wrong and Bullet has alu braking surface not Bora

Bad advice. There are a number of fakes with the G3 spoke pattern doing the rounds.

Be careful

At the time of posting, I had not seen any fake G3 spoke pattern wheels on the chinese websites. They had "normal" laced fake Boras available for sale as posted by Gummi. Your comment is though true that the G3 spokes is not anymore a sign of a genuine campagnolo wheel.

• 1 year later...

Hello all , 

any idea , the Bora below are fake ? I suppose to buy them from someone that says he doesn't have any authenticity certificate . I suggested him to send the serials to Campagnolo , se they can confirm that the serials are ok or not but I don't know with what will help (it can be the same correct serial on a dozen of fake wheels ) .

Any other ideas to identify if they are fake or not (looks like it has the G3 spoke pattern on the back wheel)

Thanks a lot 

post-79623-0-70567000-1437598289_thumb.jpg

post-79623-0-11920900-1437598296_thumb.jpg

post-79623-0-44157400-1437598302_thumb.jpg

Edited by btzcezar

Hello all , 

any idea , the Bora below are fake ? I suppose to buy them from someone that says he doesn't have any authenticity certificate . I suggested him to send the serials to Campagnolo , se they can confirm that the serials are ok or not but I don't know with what will help (it can be the same correct serial on a dozen of fake wheels ) .

Any other ideas to identify if they are fake or not (looks like it has the G3 spoke pattern on the back wheel)

Thanks a lot 

Those are real. You can see by G3 rear spoke pattern, the skewers and the wheelbags. I used to own a set. The spokes should also be slightly flat and if never tensions aligned with direction of travel.

Hi guys, newby here! I need to buy a set of wheels and don't know if they are real or fake! Could you please help? Foto attached. Thanks a lot!!!

Fake!!!

Mine have one fat spoke on each wheel opposite the valve. Also if you spin the front wheel, it will spin for ages.

don't assume that spoke patterns ,braking surfaces and wheel bags make wheels sets genuine and not Chinese manufactured (all of the right stuff comes with Chinese "branded" wheelsets

the Chinese factories are now producing very high quality wheels with the latest cross section designs correct weights and any hubs and spokes you request

worst part is they are really good wheels ..... :whistling:

but fake branding them is a very popular pastime in SA  :ph34r:

check out the price and ask yourself why someone with 'real'  wheels is low balling himself its usually the give away with Chinese fake branded goods (its not just wheels)

don't assume that spoke patterns ,braking surfaces and wheel bags make wheels sets genuine and not Chinese manufactured (all of the right stuff comes with Chinese "branded" wheelsets

the Chinese factories are now producing very high quality wheels with the latest cross section designs correct weights and any hubs and spokes you request

worst part is they are really good wheels ..... :whistling:

but fake branding them is a very popular pastime in SA  :ph34r:

check out the price and ask yourself why someone with 'real'  wheels is low balling himself its usually the give away with Chinese fake branded goods (its not just wheels)

So how I suppose to realize if the wheels are fake or not , without any doubts ? I asked for serials but perhaps there are still some way to spot the fake ones . The guy is asking 1100 $ for them

balling himself its usually the give away with Chinese fake branded goods (its not just wheels)

100 %, if these chaps set out to make a proper fake, you won't be able to tell the difference. Look at the reputation of the seller, ask yourself "Would they refund me in 6 months time if this turned out to be fake?".

Are they Tubbies? Ask for close up pics of the hubs and then post them (end caps are normally a dead give away)

To me they tick all the box's for genuine. If they are fake then is the best set I've ever seen.

So how I suppose to realize if the wheels are fake or not , without any doubts ? I asked for serials but perhaps there are still some way to spot the fake ones . The guy is asking 1100 $ for them

Edited by Spoke101

Thanks , Spoke 101 , I will ask for closer pictures of the hubs . That will be , however , in 2 weeks from this moment , the seller is unavailable until then . I'm a newbie  , tubeless means tubular (opposite of clinchers). ? I will ask that , personally I prefer clinchers (don't know if both clinchers or tubular can fit this wheels , perhaps you guys know better)

If you look on dhgate.com and search for campagnolo bora ultra two , you will find wheels that are very much alike the ones I posted .

Just another newbie question : Shouldn't these wheels have a serial on them (anf if yes where is located ) ?

Thanks

100 %, if these chaps set out to make a proper fake, you won't be able to tell the difference. Look at the reputation of the seller, ask yourself "Would they refund me in 6 months time if this turned out to be fake?".

Really, a refund in 6 months for second hand goods bought online? Wow please share some of the good stuff that you are smoking over there... This is part of the gamble and rush of buying used products at highly reduced rates, yet sometimes unseen. Yes a lot of us are not aware that we are gambling, although we will profess that we would never.

Ask questions from those that know, trust your gut, hand over the cash and knyp your po$phol...

Really, a refund in 6 months for second hand goods bought online? Wow please share some of the good stuff that you are smoking over there... This is part of the gamble and rush of buying used products at highly reduced rates, yet sometimes unseen. Yes a lot of us are not aware that we are gambling, although we will profess that we would never.

Ask questions from those that know, trust your gut, hand over the cash and knyp your po$phol...

If I sold someone a fake on the hub, I would refund them.