How do i spot FAKE BORA Ultra two

Dhaafier

They look original. Do they have one round spoke opposite the valve on each wheel. Look very similar to my older Ultra Boras. A fake won't age very well especially the braking surfaces. Also they would be heavier than originals.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Could anybody give an opinion if those Campagnolo Ultra Bora Two are Original or fake? 

are original?

100% real.

happy riding

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Can you help me trying to evaluate these ones?

A person is selling them used by 350 eur.

Many thanks!

post-147820-0-32689900-1561673136_thumb.jpg

post-147820-0-84972400-1561673141_thumb.jpg

post-147820-0-52032100-1561673153_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Many thanks!

They are fake, the real ones have internal nipples on the spokes.

Hello,

Many thanks!

They are fake Campag wheels.

Just looking at spokes and carbon weave is a dead giveaway.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I just brought a bike with Bora copies, I was aware of this and I didn't know much about the expense or hype around these wheels. I brought them because they looked good with the bikes frame and they looked to be in pretty good nick. After doing extensive reaserch I'm now a bit worried about faults with the wheels. Does anyone thing it would be dangerous to ride with these wheels and it's not worth the risk or do Chinese knockoffs fare well when being used? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edited by iRingerNinja

There are reputable manufacturers in China who make very good Chinese wheels. You you would be safe on them.

There are also criminals in China who make their money by fraudulently claiming to be something else.

if the latter cheat on the easy stuff, how can you be sure they aren't also cheating on the difficult and expensive stuff like carbon layup an quality control? Stay away.

Incidentally, knowingly buying fakes is a criminal offence. You should also report the seller to the police and the local Campag agents so they can act against him.

There are reputable manufacturers in China who make very good Chinese wheels. You you would be safe on them.

Agreed. There are reputable manufacturers of good hoops using quality hubs and spokes.

They don't rely on fake branding to sell the product.

There's also plenty suggesting that they in fact also produce for the bigger brands ... but that's hearsay.

There are also criminals in China who make their money by fraudulently claiming to be something else.

if the latter cheat on the easy stuff, how can you be sure they aren't also cheating on the difficult and expensive stuff like carbon layup an quality control? Stay away.

Incidentally, knowingly buying fakes is a criminal offence. You should also report the seller to the police and the local Campag agents so they can act against him.

And implicate himself as being party to a criminal offence as he knew they were fake when buying.

Hey, I just brought a bike with Bora copies, I was aware of this and I didn't know much about the expense or hype around these wheels. I brought them because they looked good with the bikes frame and they looked to be in pretty good nick. After doing extensive reaserch I'm now a bit worried about faults with the wheels. Does anyone thing it would be dangerous to ride with these wheels and it's not worth the risk or do Chinese knockoffs fare well when being used? Any help would be great. Thanks.

I wouldn't trust any product that has fraudulently used another manufacturer's branding and intellectual property in order to profit from it.

I've heard horror stories of things like fake handle bars and seat posts breaking during rides. I haven't heard anything about these fake Boras failing, but still wouldn't take the risk. The tarmac is pretty hard when doing 50km/h or more.

If it gives any comfort, I've been riding unbranded Chinese wheels for the past 5 years, haven't missed a beat. Must add that I did extensive research on different suppliers before I made a decision.

Just ride them, am sure they will be fine.

I have Chinese, 38mm, 50mm and a 55/88 combo for the tri-bike and have ridden them all for the past 5-6 years without issue.

You could probably take the Bora stickers off, with a hair dryer and a plastic scraper (plenty youtube vids on this) and then have unbranded wheels like many of us.

Plenty discussed here on using Chinese wheels https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/128083-chinese-carbon-wheels/?hl=chinese

And implicate himself as being party to a criminal offence as he knew they were fake when buying.

Well when I was buying the seller claimed that he wasn't sure if they were Coppies or not and now that i hear about the fraudulent problem with having fake branding on a not legit wheel I may try removing the covers. Although I've tried to see the quality of them and they do seem very good quality. I am still unsure if they are coppies or not as now one of my cycling buddies said that they look pretty real and i got a really good deal on them if they are real which he believes them to be.

Edited by iRingerNinja

Just ride them, am sure they will be fine.

I have Chinese, 38mm, 50mm and a 55/88 combo for the tri-bike and have ridden them all for the past 5-6 years without issue.

You could probably take the Bora stickers off, with a hair dryer and a plastic scraper (plenty youtube vids on this) and then have unbranded wheels like many of us.

Plenty discussed here on using Chinese wheels https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/128083-chinese-carbon-wheels/?hl=chinese

I think that's what I'm going to do but I want to take them into a shop to get them checked out to see if they are real or not.