How do i spot FAKE BORA Ultra two

Dhaafier

If I sold someone a fake on the hub, I would refund them.

Really?! So how do you verify 6 months down the line whether the items returned were the ones sold? What is the fair price of wear and tear on the said items?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?! So how do you verify 6 months down the line whether the items returned were the ones sold? What is the fair price of wear and tear on the said items?

I can see how you got to 4 832 posts.

I can see how you got to 4 832 posts.

and I can see that you should rather be posting in the comments section on news24 than here. Let me break it down for you. 

1. There is a real chance that a purchaser out there buys a good second hand item to substitute it with a fake and then try to recover damages from the seller. Worst case scenario, a handbag slinging contest and much popcorn later he ef's off, best case scenario, the seller takes the goods back or offer to reimburse a part of the sales price.

2. The purchaser buys the goods because he has a trashed set at home, and then either try to recover some of the damages through shipping insurance or from the purchaser. 

Your self-proclaimed integrity means very little if you can't back it up when someone asks a real question on whether or not you have thought your response through. 

Stick around kiddo, you may learn a thing or 2, and not just about cycling. 

and I can see that you should rather be posting in the comments section on news24 than here. Let me break it down for you. 

1. There is a real chance that a purchaser out there buys a good second hand item to substitute it with a fake and then try to recover damages from the seller. Worst case scenario, a handbag slinging contest and much popcorn later he ef's off, best case scenario, the seller takes the goods back or offer to reimburse a part of the sales price.

2. The purchaser buys the goods because he has a trashed set at home, and then either try to recover some of the damages through shipping insurance or from the purchaser. 

Your self-proclaimed integrity means very little if you can't back it up when someone asks a real question on whether or not you have thought your response through. 

Stick around kiddo, you may learn a thing or 2, and not just about cycling. 

There is a measured risk buying on the hub or any other on line platform, a chance you could be conned. This is something with many Internet transactions, risk versus reward. We weigh up the risk versus reward alternatives based on our experiences and research, make a choice to buy or not to buy. I think there is a higher risk with higher value transactions, also the fakes and con artists are getting better. So far my experiences on the hub have been very positive.

Ultimately the reputation of the seller does provide the purchaser with some comfort. This is the foundation of the on line platforms like ebay and aliexpress, and the like. You can see how long the person has been a member and the feedback from other members. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, not an exact science, but pretty good.

• 1 year later...

If I sold someone a fake on the hub, I would refund them.

But only if you were caught...

Don't sell fake crap

Can't go wrong. Only difference to Bora Ultra is the carbon hubs with CULT bearings. Good price imo.

Thanks Cippo but I was referring to their authenticity...

They look so amazing, but these days it's increasingly hard to tell

Thanks Cippo but I was referring to their authenticity...

They look so amazing, but these days it's increasingly hard to tell

If you cant tell the difference then go for the fakelys from a proper fakely distributor, that way you know their status. 

• 2 years later...

Hello!

Could anybody give an opinion if those Campagnolo Ultra Bora Two are Original or fake? 

are original?

post-147323-0-82175600-1560450238_thumb.jpg

post-147323-0-61762200-1560450243_thumb.jpg

post-147323-0-51249200-1560450249_thumb.jpg

post-147323-0-83898500-1560450254_thumb.jpg

post-147323-0-53365300-1560450259_thumb.jpg

post-147323-0-79183500-1560450264_thumb.jpg

The centre spoke in the G3 pattern looks skew?

Optical illusion as the center spoke goes to the oposit side of the hub as the two outer spokes.

I'll second Morph and say originals.