What just happened here...

Louzy

This we will never know, but I bet there is footage as well of this, but has been edited out. I doubt he only turned the camera on when the incident happened.

Giving someone the finger cause they did something wrong and then trying to drive them over is completely different. I will ask you again, do you really think an Asian bloke will cause k@k with a bunch of bikers when he has his wife and child in the car. What the biker did was pure intimidation.

Interesting that I had an asian driver with his daughter in the car drive into the back of my bike because his offspring was late for school and then he drove away afterwards without stopping. So was i wrong in chasing him down, stopping in front of his car to force him to stop so that i could at least get his details?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Experienced some morons driving like this on Ou Kaapse Weg a couple of months ago. Overtaking on a solid line, driving ridiculously close to myself and other cars and driving in the wrong lane with oncoming traffic.

They really don't do themselves any favours and expect sympathy when they get knocked over.

Neither the suv or the bikers did right here.

You can't argue that all bikers drive nicely and within the laws. Unfortunately you do get the guys (the same within cycling) that ruin the reputation of the whole cycling/biking community.

How many times have I not rode on the N1 at the speed limit when a biker comes flying past at breakneck speed. I'm sorry but if I pass a guy like that 1km down the road where he is lying in the road because he crashed I won't feel sorry for him because he is placing his own life in danger as well as others on the road. Same goes for cyclist and other drivers. I do however feel sorry for their families that have to pick up the pieces.

I agree with you on some of your points. However, again, much like this forum, its not all bikers who are bad, same as not all cyclists jump stopstreets. Same argument applies as there are way more drivers in cars who break road rules and drive like @ssholes than bikers by volume as there are more cars out there. I ride to work and back everyday of my life by bike, as i refuse to be stuck for hours in JHB traffic. Not a day goes by that some idiot turns in front of me without signalling, not a day goes by that i am going along, at the speed limit(with a valid number plate) and some idiot is tailgating me trying to force their way through.

a group of cyclist in Lycra that does not have any chance in threatening your life vs a angry mob of bikes trying to force you of the road to kick your ass?

Ja Ja, how many times have a group of cyclists or cyclist caught up to a car that has just given them the finger or whatever and then had to stop in traffic shortly threafter. Poor little kittens in Lycra that turn into an angry mob of cyclists and wanna bliksem a motorist...........it works both ways.

I agree, if the bikers caused k@k and the driver accidentally bumped the oke, caused he braked, then its not his fault, however, why would the bikers have caused *** with the guy for nothing, and i mean for ansolutely nothing at all ? Two sides to every story. Very seldom, even with "HardCore bikers" that they will just look for trouble for no reason at all with some random guy in an SUV.

We all know as cyclists that drivers in cars and SUV's think they own the road and you as a cyclist must get out their way cause their brain goes wonky when they have an expensive car protecting them, and you on two wheels must get out their way. Well, breaking news for you all...........its no different for bikers. They also get pushed around by cars, just as much.

Edited by Joffter

Interesting that I had an asian driver with his daughter in the car drive into the back of my bike because his offspring was late for school and then he drove away afterwards without stopping. So was i wrong in chasing him down, stopping in front of his car to force him to stop so that i could at least get his details?

You must be a bad @ss biker to do something like that. Obviously you are in the wrong cause you are on a bike in the first place. Because you are on a motorcycle you are wrong in the first place and guilty as charged. You have less rights than the car drivers, cause they really do OWN the road.

Edited by Joffter

I saw it three times yesterday on Marine Drive by bikers weaving in and out of traffic then abusing motorists cause they didn't move out the way quick enough.

I see it daily where cyclists abuse motorists, and the cyclist was in the wrong. So all cyclists must be TWATS then.

Edited by Joffter

This is where you need Max Rockatansky to deal with the tw@ts on their scooters.......

Maybe they can deal with the tw@ts on bicycles at the same time.............

I see it daily where cyclists abuse motorists, and the cyclist was in the wrong. So all cyclists must be TWATS then.

This is not about cyclists.

We all sit here and make a noise about how bad bikers are blah blah, just like another forum goes on about how bad cyclists are blah blah.

What actually happened, if anything did happen to set the motorcyclists off ? Was it a bike ride where they had roadclosure and the oke in the SUV was where he wasn't supposed to be ? We don't know that. Was the biker just a chop who decided that morning that he was going to go out and find an SUV Driver to abuse ? We don't know that either.

Lest say these were all cyclists, bicycle race, Sattelite classic, no road closure, and for some reason cyclist no 16302 decided that a particular black SUV had hootd at him for riding 3 abreast and p!ssed him off big time, so decides in his stupidity to block the SUV and the SUV bumps him off, and all his mates from the hub see this happen. Shortly thereafter, comes a stop steet, and there are a few cars waiting, including one particular black SUV. So said group/bunch/mob of thehub cyclists that have just seen no 16302 get flattened(whether the cyclist was right or wrong), decide that they are now gonna surround the SUV and confront the driver, and ask him how his family is etc,who panics and rides over a few cyclists and their bikes in his haste to escape the mob and speeds off.

We now have a number of flattened cyclists, one dead and about 300k worth of written off bicycles.

Cyclists carry on with their ride/race, and low and behold, a few km down the road, there is a truck that has jacknifed and the cars are backed up, including one particular SUV which by now has bicycle paint on it.

So, our group/mob of cyclists from thehub catch up with Mr SUV, who is now completely trapped, and can go nowhere and so they stop and politely ask him if he is ok, after the tw@t cyclists had got in his way and damaged his SUV.

After that, the group/bunch/mob of cyclists that had just seen a number of their buddies flattened, politely greeted the driver and wished him well and carried on with their race.

Edited by Joffter

We all sit here and make a noise about how bad bikers are blah blah, just like another forum goes on about how bad cyclists are blah blah.

What actually happened, if anything did happen to set the motorcyclists off ? Was it a bike ride where they had roadclosure and the oke in the SUV was where he wasn't supposed to be ? We don't know that. Was the biker just a chop who decided that morning that he was going to go out and find an SUV Driver to abuse ? We don't know that either.

Lest say these were all cyclists, bicycle race, Sattelite classic, no road closure, and for some reason cyclist no 16302 decided that a particular black SUV had hootd at him for riding 3 abreast and p!ssed him off big time, so decides in his stupidity to block the SUV and the SUV bumps him off, and all his mates from the hub see this happen. Shortly thereafter, comes a stop steet, and there are a few cars waiting, including one particular black SUV. So said group/bunch/mob of thehub cyclists that have just seen no 16302 get flattened(whether the cyclist was right or wrong), decide that they are now gonna surround the SUV and confront the driver, and ask him how his family is etc,who panics and rides over a few cyclists and their bikes in his haste to escape the mob and speeds off.

We now have a number of flattened cyclists, one dead and about 300k worth of written off bicycles.

Cyclists carry on with their ride/race, and low and behold, a few km down the road, there is a truck that has jacknifed and the cars are backed up, including one particular SUV which by now has bicycle paint on it.

So, our group/mob of cyclists from thehub catch up with Mr SUV, who is now completely trapped, and can go nowhere and so they stop and politely ask him if he is ok, after the tw@t cyclists had got in his way and damaged his SUV.

After that, the group/bunch/mob of cyclists that had just seen a number of their buddies flattened, politely greeted the driver and wished him well and carried on with their race.

This did not happen to a cyclist, and a cyclist would not have intimidated the SUV driver like he did by braking in front of him, not sure why to are so intent on comparing this situation with cyclists. When have you ever seen a cyclist slam on brakes in front of a motor vehicle with the sole purpose of causing k@k?