What just happened here...

Louzy

Just as a follow-up. In they days that I had my 'Blade, I had my worst run ins with drivers in big SUVs, never taxis. The worst offenders were middle aged men in their SUVs or Double Cabs. Some of these blokes had an extremely aggressive and cocky behaviour. And then next in line is young women in their SUVs. I almsot got flattened by a lady in a Black X5 in one of the traffic circles here close to the mall. She just drove straight through the circle without looking.

In the end though it is best not to have your back up and get too upset. It's not worth it to spoil your day for a a..hole.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This did not happen to a cyclist, and a cyclist would not have intimidated the SUV driver like he did by braking in front of him, not sure why to are so intent on comparing this situation with cyclists. When have you ever seen a cyclist slam on brakes in front of a motor vehicle with the sole purpose of causing k@k?

And just what if the SUV had been speeding up behind deliberately, then backing off, then repeating ad nauseum? The biker might just have decided to try give the driver a fright, to make him stop doing this, by braking, but mr-so-cool-in-the-range-rover was too freaking slow on his brakes and hit the biker? His hitting the biker is what started the whole thing. What the hell was he doing that close to the bike? Hopefully a range rover driver like this will do that to you next time you go out on 2 wheels (ie for a cycle ride)

I had an incident with a group of bikers once. I was in a rush to get to the doctor for a trauma, and the THINK BIKERS for out for their daily group hug. They were taking up 2 of the 3 lanes that Hendrik P has. At the robot, they decided that they wanted all three lanes. Robot green but the Marshalls stopped vehicles from going across with them. I hooted and went to the left so he blocked me with his bike. I shouted that I was in a rush and tried to go right, to catch the traffic light while still on green. He manouvered his bike right. He deiliberately ignored my yells and pleas to let me pass.. then he moved on. Fortunately I was able to still catch the light.. If any other day, I would have been tempted to follow him and ride him over.. If he did not have a passenger on the back of his bike, I probably would have nudged him, but fortunately I still had my senses and did not let the urge to squish him, take over.

I see this type of thing daily in my travels to and from work on my bike where cars tailgate you to intimidat eyou to get out the way, even though you are behind a car that is holding you up.

Normal sensible people turn into @$$holes when they get into their SUV's and big German sedans as well.

Hey!! What you got against German sedans??

And just what if the SUV had been speeding up behind deliberately, then backing off, then repeating ad nauseum? The biker might just have decided to try give the driver a fright, to make him stop doing this, by braking, but mr-so-cool-in-the-range-rover was too freaking slow on his brakes and hit the biker? His hitting the biker is what started the whole thing. What the hell was he doing that close to the bike? Hopefully a range rover driver like this will do that to you next time you go out on 2 wheels (ie for a cycle ride)

Do you honestly believe that a guy out celebrating his first year anniversary, with wife and child in the car would be doing this. He was not close to the bike till the guy deliberately swerved in front of his SUV and hit the brakes and looking at the SUV at the same time. These guys were riding like twats prior to this, it's been confirmed. Secondly, how convenient to have the video clip start and stop when it did.

As for this comment seems it will happen to you sooner then me with that attitude. Secondly, I don't plan on intentionally swerving in front of an SUV and slamming on brakes you pillock. Thirdly I'll say it again, these bikers were a bunch of twats, and your reply puts you within the same category as them. Have a nice day :thumbup:

From what can be seen on the video the biker was asking for it. Not knowing what happened before and only seeing the video he was feeling brave in front of all his friends. Can't say that if I had my family in the car and was threatened with violance by that many bikers that I would have done any different. Maybe he should have just pulled over and just let them go on but hindsight is 20/20.

Do you honestly believe that a guy out celebrating his first year anniversary, with wife and child in the car would be doing this. He was not close to the bike till the guy deliberately swerved in front of his SUV and hit the brakes and looking at the SUV at the same time. These guys were riding like twats prior to this, it's been confirmed. Secondly, how convenient to have the video clip start and stop when it did. As for this comment seems it will happen to you sooner then me with that attitude. Secondly, I don't plan on intentionally swerving in front of an SUV and slamming on brakes you pillock. Thirdly I'll say it again, these bikers were a bunch of twats, and your reply puts you within the same category as them. Have a nice day :thumbup:

Yeah right, which one do you think the victim is going to say "Yeah, i deserved what i got" or "I was out minding my own business when they picked on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever" ..........the victim is always gonna play the been bullied bit, rightly or wrongly so. There are two sides to every story and we have only really seen the wrong side which is the bikers on camera. Still no story on what happened to p!ss them off. Very very few people will ever just out the blue, pick on a random guy and his family in an SUV just to intimidate them. SUV driver may have done something, however small that the biker didn't like, and went overboard with his reaction. In saying that, some poor bloke, who had not done anything lies in hospital paralysed as a result of someone's stupidity.

And to add, even before the biker swerved into the path of teh SUV, the SUV was in amongst them anyway, and way too close to a group of bikes for safety sake. Why didn't he just hang back a bit ? same as the idiots in cars that have to get past cyclists, no matter what.

A mob of fellow bikers — reportedly of the Hollywood Stuntz gang

Rhymes with.....! Anyway...

Bikers generally have attitude when on the bikes and are often great people when off the bikes..

Bikers generally have attitude when on the bikes and are often great people when off the bikes..

Story I read said some of them were part of the gang. The whole thing was like a motorised critical mass heading to Times Square.

When I was in Moscow I went to a place where all bikers meet up every evening with their friends. Nice bunch of people from what I saw. Our guide also said that they are mostly friendly and are like many other people who meet up after work with their friends. They just do so on their bikes.

Btw: That building in the background is one of "Stalin's Cakes" and is part of the university in Moscow.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zynCXdM2mEo/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Andyr249

Yeah right, which one do you think the victim is going to say "Yeah, i deserved what i got" or "I was out minding my own business when they picked on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever" ..........the victim is always gonna play the been bullied bit, rightly or wrongly so. There are two sides to every story and we have only really seen the wrong side which is the bikers on camera. Still no story on what happened to p!ss them off. Very very few people will ever just out the blue, pick on a random guy and his family in an SUV just to intimidate them. SUV driver may have done something, however small that the biker didn't like, and went overboard with his reaction. In saying that, some poor bloke, who had not done anything lies in hospital paralysed as a result of someone's stupidity.

And to add, even before the biker swerved into the path of teh SUV, the SUV was in amongst them anyway, and way too close to a group of bikes for safety sake. Why didn't he just hang back a bit ? same as the idiots in cars that have to get past cyclists, no matter what.

Strange how yourself & Slowpoke are the only ones that see what you see. I'm not gonna even entertain your trolling any longer, have a nice day :thumbup:

Strange how yourself & Slowpoke are the only ones that see what you see. I'm not gonna even entertain your trolling any longer, have a nice day :thumbup:

Dunno what you think i see.............i saw same as you, and believe there is normally more than one side to story. If you read, and can understand my posts about it you would see i have been onjective about both party's sides. Bikers and the SUV driver. At no stage did i lay blame on anyone, as "we"(everyone on the hub) do not know the full or true story. Either way, it was bloody stupid and irresponsible behaviour from both sides, that leaves one paralysed, and a family traumatised.

I finish with this question, that i hope you and the rest of the anti biker gang here will answer truthfully, yes or no answer.

If the same happened to you, and someone had just ridden over a bunch of your mates on their bicycle's, even if you did throw the first finger, but the driver went nuts and mowed a bunch down, in his haste to escape, and you had an oppotunity right there and then to get hold of him and give him a PK, Would you ? Yes or no ?

Probably not, after all this is South Africa, the most passive, and anti violence and caring country in the world where nobody ever gets road rage..........

Edited by Joffter

I finish with this question, that i hope you and the rest of the anti biker gang here will answer truthfully, yes or no answer.

You were the one that blamed us all for generalizing that all bikers are bad. Now you are generalizing that we are all anti bikers....

Practice what you preach.

You were the one that blamed us all for generalizing that all bikers are bad. Now you are generalizing that we are all anti bikers.... Practice what you preach.

I said, and i quote "I finish with this question, that i hope you and the rest of the anti biker gang here will answer truthfully, yes or no answer." That does not say everyone is anti biker, well not in my interpretation anyway. I believe it applies to those who are Anti Biker, of which there are some(Caerus is one) and others who are not.

So therefore, if the shoe fits....................

I said, and i quote "I finish with this question, that i hope you and the rest of the anti biker gang here will answer truthfully, yes or no answer." That does not say everyone is anti biker, well not in my interpretation anyway. I believe it applies to those who are Anti Biker, of which there are some(Caerus is one) and others who are not.

So therefore, if the shoe fits....................

Well you see that is "your interpretation" and in my interpretation of your comment you generalized us as being anti bikers. In my interpretation of the other comments on this thread I never felt that anyone said that all bikers are bad etc even though you interpreted it like that.

To answer your question. I for one feel that two wrongs don't make a right. I would have done my best to get his registration number and alert authorities and let the law take its course. If necessary and possible, maybe do a citizen's arrest on the guy but to assault the guy in front of his family..........no I won't do it. I feel strongly that we must all stand up for what is right but don't expect me to do wrong while standing up for what is right.

To answer your question. I for one feel that two wrongs don't make a right. I would have done my best to get his registration number and alert authorities and let the law take its course. If necessary and possible, maybe do a citizen's arrest on the guy but to assault the guy in front of his family..........no I won't do it. I feel strongly that we must all stand up for what is right but don't expect me to do wrong while standing up for what is right.

I agree on your comment here...............