SA Enduro series - race #2

Nofearnofun

What an awesome weekend of riding. Totally agree, the trails in kzn are insane, the Karkloof green routes are more challenging than a lot of the black routes up here in gauteng. :eek:

Congrats on kicking Nino Schurter's ass down the UCI MTB World Cup - Amphitheater segment on stage 5 :P

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will need to come to terms with the fact that in Gauteng we don't have the terrain for awesome mountain bike enduro-style riding.

:(

Edited by Beer4Recovery

I think I will need to come to terms with the fact that in Gauteng we don't have the terrain for awesome mountain bike enduro-style riding.

We do. Just not the market

There are black routes in Gauteng?

Allegedly... :wacko:

Trail builders up here have a different mentality to the guys in kzn it seems.

We were lucky to have open skies on Saturday and Sunday during the riding times...

post-24697-0-18208300-1382960406_thumb.jpg

Most of the girls chit-chatting before the ride...

post-24697-0-56065900-1382960420_thumb.jpg

Most of the riders....

post-24697-0-31368900-1382960446_thumb.jpg

The finish line for 2 stages...

post-24697-0-26260300-1382960458_thumb.jpg

We really don't have any terrain that could compare :thumbdown: Congrats to Mark Sydney and crew, awesome event, EPIC trails and great atmosphere, I'll definitely be at the next one! Better route taping wouldn't hurt :ph34r:

Now there's a dose of reality I could have done without on a grey gloomy Monday.

We really don't have any terrain that could compare :thumbdown: Congrats to Mark Sydney and crew, awesome event, EPIC trails and great atmosphere, I'll definitely be at the next one! Better route taping wouldn't hurt :ph34r:

eish...I thinks they must rather put all their energy in a proper timing system...

A race can't have awesome prizes if they dont know who to allocate them to. Eish

Now there's a dose of reality I could have done without on a grey gloomy Monday.

NOOOOO!!! We must have faith in Van Gaalens!!!

eish...I thinks they must rather put all their energy in a proper timing system...

A race can't have awesome prizes if they dont know who to allocate them to. Eish

It was a new system, new series-there's gonna be a few bugs. But you cant race if you're on the wrong trail....Seriously though, how awesome were the those trails!

We were lucky to have an amature photographer friend with his equipment (S3 mini) in his hydration pack for some fun on stage three :clap:

Spectator28 showing us that even tho its a Kona its still fun :whistling:

post-31228-0-34989500-1382961165_thumb.jpg

Myself on touch down (rubber side down for a change) :blush:

post-31228-0-44084000-1382961219_thumb.jpg