PING A[S]G and CWC - Do you accept my challenge?

rusty

Great cause and a great result.....BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT,

Lets look at this from a CWC / ASG perspective. This could quickly get out of hand with every athlete who is not getting the assitance required from CSA coming to the Hub to get the financial assitance required. Then they get put on the spot and they are damned if they dont (like ASG) and damned if they do (CWC expect more requests in the not to distant future as you have now set a precedent, dont pay up and you will be crucified for being a selfish retailer not giving back to the sport). Not mention Wayne and others who has come to the rescue twice and when number 3,4,5,6,7,8 come along, his pockets cant be that deep? (or can they).

There are 2 issues here.

1. Is CSA living up to its mandate to develop and support cycling in SA? I wont comment on that one.

2. Its dangerous for 3rd parties (hubbers na retailers) being asked to fit the bill in an unstructured way.

Maybe that hub fund is the best way to manage this. Get a few guys to manage a central fund and manage the funds hubbers donate to causes the hub deem fit to receive funding from us maybe an additional way to get the pot going is for all "businesses" who use the hub to generate sales is to donate a fixed % to the hub sponsorship fund.

Just my 2c worth.

Some good points, Mike. If there's enough interest, I can start a "The Hub We Help" non-profit organisation with trustees and of course with Hub input in how to raise and spend funds? With an official organisation / fund the donations will even be tax deductible. We can also do financial accounts for everybody to see.

Would there be interest in this Hubbers? Sorry for hijacking your post Rusty!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good points, Mike. If there's enough interest, I can start a "The Hub We Help" non-profit organisation with trustees and of course with Hub input in how to raise and spend funds? With an official organisation / fund the donations will even be tax deductible. We can also do financial accounts for everybody to see.

WIN

Do it - it is the right way to go with this. Allows for full transparency and control.

I'm so chuffed this worked out the way it has :) Albeit a bit disappointing from ASG's side.

I understand companies run budget for these things, but then to go on and say that they will give BACK 10% of what is spent by the people trying to make this happen (exploitation much?) over the next given period is just daft.

When a company makes as much as ASG does, it shouldn't be that hard to "find" 5-10k...

Just my opinion here... don't any of you go raging at me :P

Hi guys and girls...still cannot believe the amount of support we have received!

The post was originally created for Smittie & I, who together form two thirds of the national team sprint team - and great news is, we have reached our target(will post the amount we received on Sunday)! Thanks a MILLION to each and everyone of you who donated some funds to our cause...not going to mention any names, but you ALL are worthy of a thank you!!! You ALL have really helped us in achieving our dream, to represent our country...and hopefully go on to bigger things from there!! :clap:

If there are any of you still wish to donate, there are more members(riders) from South Africa who will go on the trip to the UK - endurance riders, and 1 lady(Maroesjka/Fire as you all know her). Any further support will go directly towards easing the impact on their pockets for the trip - please use below details for any donations and I will distribute it to the other members of the team who are in need of funds! Please note the change in reference, will make it easier to identify!

Bank name: NEDBANK LIMITED

Account Type: Cheque

Account number: 1956296638

Branch code: 10880900

Branch name: TABLEVIEW

Please use reference "TeamSA Donation" & your name.

Regards,

Jeanne Nell & Jean Smith

We will be doing a casual coffee ride to Mugg & Bean in Stellies tomorrow - anybody in the Cape Town region who are keen for a spin, are welcome to join us! Bring along R20-R30 for a cappuccino(or more if you want to buy breakfast) & tag along for a chat

We will leave the Tygervalley Virgin Active gym parking lot at 8:00, head towards Bottelary road from there and down to Stellies...and same way back to the gym.

Cheers

Just came across this now and I am so pleased to hear you and Jeanne got funding. Spending time at the track and talking to all the riders, it is really a tight knit family these guys & girls and they deserve to be at the games. As Rusty said there are more out there that need the funding and just dont have the means to raise that type of money by themselves. To all that have donated, I salute you. All those who want to but think they dont have extra to share, even R20 will go a long way. Like the profile pic by the way Rusty ;)

Morning dipslick...on my way to post an update :)

Just awaiting payment from one or two more parties, but with them...our target will been reached.

Received a total of R19 650!!!! :w00t: Amazing the support that was received...thank you to all the hubbers, each who contributed and those who gave us some words of support!! :clap:

Bump

Further funding needed?????

Hey heyyou :) any extra funding we receive from here will be used for the rest of the SA team who will be attending the event...you are more than welcome if you wish to contribute! :thumbup: