Pump track

BrendanM

Cant remember the original bmxer whos line that was,used to do demos with him.. rode that like 10+ years ago,could only eva make 1st on his bmx.... bit rough for sk8board :lol:

More commonly known as Rupert's jumps

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do have a pump track at the new Cycle Lab Megastore in Fourways. Though it is more for trying out demo bikes than for recreational use.

We do have a pump track at the new Cycle Lab Megastore in Fourways. Though it is more for trying out demo bikes than for recreational use.

You guys stocking any DJ bikes?

You guys stocking any DJ bikes?

I could be incorrect so don't hold me to this but I don't think we have any DJ bikes, but go in and see the team. I'm sure they will be able to help you out or source what you are looking for.

Apparently locals thought it was a rubble dump. I'm keen on building a pump track somewhere on the spruit. I dont know where (or how) but I'm pretty good with a spade :ph34r:

I'm pretty good at watching :whistling:

Hope the build session at Mike's went well.

If you guys are looking for space there is a nice piece of dirt by the old Parkhurst Bowling Club. Perhaps our local councillor could assist, he's very active. Maybe Pirates have some space?

Bryanston cycle park and Cyclelab store

The PWC bike park pump track is... ummm how do I put this delicately... it's crap! No flow. Rythm section is off time, and the corners kill all the speed. It simply doesn't work well.

As for the new Cycle Lab one, as stated above, it's more for cutomers to test demo bikes. Also (and I'm only going on pics I've seen, so I may be wrong) but it's design doesn't seem to have sections that could be doubled, and berms that ger riders horizontal. Again, it's more for a cutomer to get a feel for a bike, than for high speed berm railing and skill development.

The best SA pump track I've seen so far is the one at Cascades. That thing is insane!

Edited by patches

Yesterday about 9 of us put in a good few hours manual labour on the Mike's Bikes pump track.

We resurfaced about 85% of the outter loop, and have started on the figure of 8 criss-cross doubles. The outter loop is running nice and fast (both clockwise and anti). Once the ground hardens a little more, the speed will increase and riders will be able to double some of the rollers. There's also potential for wall rides on the 2 main berms. Even during yesterday's testing, riders were getting right up high and almost horizontal on the berms.

We hope to finish it off next Saturday... it should be awesome!

Yesterday about 9 of us put in a good few hours manual labour on the Mike's Bikes pump track.

We resurfaced about 85% of the outter loop, and have started on the figure of 8 criss-cross doubles. The outter loop is running nice and fast (both clockwise and anti). Once the ground hardens a little more, the speed will increase and riders will be able to double some of the rollers. There's also potential for wall rides on the 2 main berms. Even during yesterday's testing, riders were getting right up high and almost horizontal on the berms.

We hope to finish it off next Saturday... it should be awesome!

Pictures?

Pictures?

No!

hahaha!

We were going to take some... but then we thought about all the lazy butts who would just go there to ride it (destroying some of our hard work), without lifting a shovel.

So if anyone wants to see what it's like... come next Saturday with your spade!

No!

hahaha!

We were going to take some... but then we thought about all the lazy butts who would just go there to ride it (destroying some of our hard work), without lifting a shovel.

So if anyone wants to see what it's like... come next Saturday with your spade!

I would come help but I cant until Feb :whistling:

Edited by Nofearnofun