Tokai Arboretum Carpark - Smash & Grab

kellyslater

Hi All

Just a warning to others, our car was broken into at the Tokai Arboretum carpark this evening at around 5:30 pm.

Back window smashed and bags stolen from the boot.

Bags were out of sight so I assume the thieves may have been watching us when we got there at around 5pm.

Hope this at least helps others from being robbed as well.

I saw glass on the ground when I parked. Decided to take all valuables with me on the ride. Today was a perfect day for crooks as the parking area was quite quiet. Terrible luck. There was a security guard on duty, but I think he was patrolling the whole complex of offices.

I saw glass on the ground when I parked. Decided to take all valuables with me on the ride. Today was a perfect day for crooks as the parking area was quite quiet. Terrible luck. There was a security guard on duty, but I think he was patrolling the whole complex of offices.

Doesn't the security knock off around 4.30pm?

Doesn't the security knock off around 4.30pm?

Could be. I was there a bit earlier. Interestingly, there was a cop car parked at the entrance to the picnic area lower down. Not sure if there was trouble there earlier.

Could be. I was there a bit earlier. Interestingly, there was a cop car parked at the entrance to the picnic area lower down. Not sure if there was trouble there earlier.

There's always trouble down there.

I will escalate the issue with the Tokai funding group.. Camera and guards are two possible solutions, ideally both!!

Park near the Crysalis security boom if you know you're going to be late. (Take a left at the old Tokai Manor house, in stead of a right to the Arboretum parking where the problem occurred.) There is a 24 hr guard. All you have to do is ride 100 metres further!

That place fills up with drunken half wits pretty much every weekend.

Park near the Crysalis security boom if you know you're going to be late. (Take a left at the old Tokai Manor house, in stead of a right to the Arboretum parking where the problem occurred.) There is a 24 hr guard. All you have to do is ride 100 metres further!

Never thought of that. Great advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, will use this.. never even concidered it before. Coming into Summer there will be many an evening ride and if the Guards knock off early, it will be easy pickings for any criminal elements.

Traps need to be set...

eeish, was about to do some training there during the week, after meezo's incident in our area. So now, where is it safe?? Damn!!

eeish, was about to do some training there during the week, after meezo's incident in our area. So now, where is it safe?? Damn!!

Park at the Total garage on Tokai main or at the Chrysalis entry as mentioned above...