'Big Trouble' is here for our Doctor friend

slapwiel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AS Lance said before " I was tested many times, and was never tested positive"

(but between the lines, he did not mentioned that the medical testing "science" was way behind)

Guys, this is the way I look at it...

A rider would have already made his mind up as to whether or not he is going to take something before he comes to me. He probably would have spoken to many other riders who are doing the same thing before he contacts me.

I would at least let him in on the little that I do know. Rather than him going overboard and do serious damage, is it not wise to get some info on the subject and do some homework.

The first 2 hings I say to anyone is that its not going to turn a donkey into a racehorse, and the old saying ' more is better ' definately does not apply  when it comes to this.

I have had many riders stear away from drugs after talking to me. Its a serious decision to make, and if its not done 100% its not worth it.

As far as drugs and racing for south Africa is concerned, do some investigation, most of the guys who have raced for SA have tested positive ?????

Popeye, either way, he was selected so he must have been good. Actually I was there at the time and I know he was good.

I agree with what Chunky says in his last post and I also know how difficult it is for those who want to do well but realise that they cannot compete against the guys who are taking stuff - I am NOT saying it is right, but it is a personal choice.

Woh..Stop the BUS.

No one said Chunky did not deserve or was not good enough to ride at the top of our sport.

THATS ANOTHER ISSUE

And I do not give a sh*t if you tell me "if I don't tell them, someone else will"

MY QUESTION IS SIMPLE:

CHUNKY , DID YOU HELP OTHER CYCLIST IN INFORMING THEM ON HOW TO USE DRUG AND BEAT THE SYSTEM. ?

whats the piont they will never believe that, that was the only thing you did...

i remember a few years beck at hector norris when you sprinted and broke your disk... that was power

Chunkster,

Thanks for the cell number. I will give you a call on Tuesday. Monday, unfortunately to busy. I'll only get back home at base after nine.

One more question? 

Did you ever receive or received money (boodle, cash, note) for the so-called info you gave?  

nope.

Watching the guy raise his game was reward enough for me. Like I said, I find this whole thing a big joke.

To put it in perspective and show you just how out of touch theses guys are, let me tell you a story about something that happened this weekend.

A friend of mine who last year was on a pro team stopped racing at the end of last year. He sent the federation a letter stating that he is no longer racing. He didnt take out a racing licence for 2006. He hasnt even been on a bike since 94.7 last year. Yesterday the IDFS rocked up at his house to do an out of season drug test. Highlited on the form was EPO. They said they had been given his name by CSA.

Another rider who is currently on a pro team, and having won races lately has not been tested once this year. He even commented about SA champs where there was no testing done.

Now, my thought on this subject is are they actually trying to catch anyone. How can the Federation or IDFS be so stupid as to test a retired rider who has put on 10kg's and not a rider winnng races. This just proves to me that the people trying to catch the riders are a bunch of idiots.

I was at a track meeting in cape town and was drug tested there. Just for a joke I told the testing officer who was a doctor hat I was taking a well known brand of EPO. This guy didnt even react to what I said. Now, either he doesnt have a clue as to what is going on, or he is just there to collect his pay cheque for testing riders and is not at all interested.

If the system is so backward, wy blame the riders for taking a chance.

If the system is so backward' date=' wy blame the riders for taking a chance.

[/quote']

a) Because it is cheating

b) Because it is dangerous

c) Because it is illegal

d) Because IT WILL continue to damage the sport.

Oh but I forgot it helps some riders "lift their game". They are not lifting their game the drugs are! I can understand why it happens - "because everyone else does it so I have to ... ". But when everyone accepts that it is wrong and that it is cheating and is unacceptable (including you) then maybe everyone else won't feel that they want to or have to cheat either.