Replacing headset bearings on carbon lefty?

manbearpig

Any surprises? Or is it just a case of knock out old, press in new and go? Seems like I just need Allen key and BB tool. Got torque settings.

You need the GXP BB tool, to loosen the base, an allen key( loosen these before loosening the base), some grease, replacement bearings and a bit of common sense, and your done.

Order Enduro bearings from Rush and your sorted for the next 2-3 years.

Edited by kennyg

You need the GXP BB tool, to loosen the base, an allen key( loosen these before loosening the base), some grease, replacement bearings and a bit of common sense, and your done.

Order Enduro bearings from Rush and your sorted for the next 2-3 years.

From Rush? Who are they?

Can be done with out special tools but an Ernie would help. You should also your a headset press to press the bearings in square

http://rlcsport.com.au/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kt020.jpg

It's quite hard to get the fork separated and if you do it wrong you can definitely damage the lefty. As far as I remember you loosen the weird screw thing which you need the BB tool for and then you knock it up until it gets your stem off.

It's quite hard to get the fork separated and if you do it wrong you can definitely damage the lefty. As far as I remember you loosen the weird screw thing which you need the BB tool for and then you knock it up until it gets your stem off.

depends of what type of headset tube: there is the One Piece Integrted which screws to the headset, the other type is just a tube with the convetional headset that clamps on to the tube. For the OPI you need the BB tool

Ernie helps to line up the lefty before the tube, and also to extract it. Be careful on mangling the seal on the top (which you might think about replacing as well)