Rant: Chris Willemse

Lone_Ranger

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to buy a Thule bike rack from CWC they only had the display unit left so I said no thanks it maybe faulty but the sales person assured me it was 100% and he'll give me R300 discount. Got home all the protective rubbers was gone, no problem I call him and explain first he told me they are not included but I went to Thule site and yes they are so call again and he said ok he will send me the rubber. I then explained that I needed the rack that weekend he again assured me it will be there. Friday morning it arrived ONLY one of each rubber. I got in my car drove all the way from Robertson to Bellville returned it. Then got one from Thule Somerset West

Now I needed a Carbon TI X cap - They are the agents for Africa after 17 emails explaining they are now ordering it for me and will be here in 4 weeks :clap: not going to hold my breath :whistling: but maybe it's there we'll see

Edited by Jacques Viljoen

Try Evo Bikes. I find them to be spot on 100% of the time.

rushsports too....but i didn't want to muddy the waters in my original comment :ph34r:

At the end of the day, everyone has a different and unique experience with either their LBS or online shop. Retail is like that and no one is perfect.

I am in no way condoning the stock issue, but every retail business has this problem, including chain reaction cycles.

We as South Africans spend too much time bitching and moaning about small and insignificant little things, all for what? We live in a country that has far more serious challenges so let's just deal with it! Don't sweat the small stuff.

I have had positive and negative experiences with Cwc, and I will still always use them as they always try and make a plan if something doesn't quite go right - that's the kind of service you should look for, passion for the customer.

CHRIS you gotta love the hub,,,,,,,your best reviews and your worst. all i say is you should go into boxing cause you def. dont have a glass JAW the amount of hits you have taken on the chin would have put any man down

rushsports too....but i didn't want to muddy the waters in my original comment :ph34r:

I don't know about this one, can't comment on their service but most of their item seems to be out of stock.

Not justifying CWC's inability to correctly show stock on the www, but the root cause might be the 'importer'.

I believe there's a massive problem with Shimano parts at the moment. I know shops that are importing Shimano stuff from CRC, just to keep customers happy!

Not justifying CWC's inability to correctly show stock on the www, but the root cause might be the 'importer'.

I believe there's a massive problem with Shimano parts at the moment. I know shops that are importing Shimano stuff from CRC, just to keep customers happy!

I thought CWC imported some of their stuff directly… :unsure:

Tried ordering some stuff from easybike..no stock, then buycycle..no stock. Oh well.

I know many websites that struggle with the same problem. Basically the site still lists the product in stock even if it has been sold but only until the product has been entered into pastel or such. Usually the point of sales system does not update the stock

funny how we so easily accept mediocrity from a walk-in store that as soon as its online and cheaper we expect service levels to 'all of a sardine' be at 200%.......

funny how we so easily accept mediocrity from a walk-in store that as soon as its online and cheaper we expect service levels to 'all of a sardine' be at 200%.......

incorrect...I expect service levels of 200% for in store and online. Who in the world has the impression that an online service must be of sub-standard levels...you must be using Kalahari as a benchmark

edit:typo

Edited by Stretch

" So they offer me a refund or replace the missing items with something else."

Very fair of them, how many other shops will offer you a full refund ?

You got to be joking right?? If you pay for something that then is not in stock but was advertised then you would expect a full refund at the very least. Its not fair it is minimum requirement in my opinion.