[Event] Durbanville High School Funride

Berry

on another note who advocates the showing of water bottles to the bunch when drinking. can't handle it. get it up to your mouth, sluk then back into the cage as quickly as possible.

Edited by Omar

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Train is devastating.

:-P

No Blue Train this weekend, most rode in their seeded groups. It was Reinhard Ellis and Chris Maurer from the Outriders who decide to try and bridge the gap right between E/F and G/H at the start. They did it quite quickly, but were somewhat tired after their effort ;>) The rest of G/H caught up later.

Edited by stratus5

on another note who advocates the showing of water bottles to the bunch when drinking. can't handle it. get it up to your mount, sluk then back into the cage as quickly as possible.

What are you talking about?

In other news, it was a nice race! Good to ride there again.

Pity you did not greet me. :cursing:

You rode past me at least 3 times with SirK while you were warming up, and I called out to you everytime. Kris later stopped and came over to say hi.

What he's on about is the guys that grab their bottle out of the bottlecage, and then shows it to the whole bunch before drinking. Some even do it before putting the bottle back into the bottlecage.

I also did the 45km (coming from Ceres the long ride just starts too early), myself and a seeded A guy broke away 5 km in and TT the rest of the ride. Managed to stay away from the group by two minutes, thought you guys might catch us into the head wind. Turned around at the end and found my father and brother and rode back with them. Fun day, it was great that the wind wasn't too much of a factor.

Yeah, watched you head off the front but for a small group there wasn't any teamwork going on really. It was left to a couple of guys when it was a perfect number to do 30 at the frotn then peel off.

You where just in front until the half way mark when those doing the work sat up and for a few k's it became a sunday stroll until different guys started putting in a turn. Who got to the line first out of you two?

..................I have noticed how people have referred to this as a race in the tread - it was a FUNRIDE - their was no winner (not even road cycling), somebody crossed the finnish line before everyone else and that was that!................

Rather just live and let live. Race the Lights By Linea series if that's your thing, but leave the PPA to do what they do best. There is no need to belittle your perceived opposition.

on another note who advocates the showing of water bottles to the bunch when drinking. can't handle it. get it up to your mount, sluk then back into the cage as quickly as possible.

Agreed. And at least hold on to your bottle properly - don't drop it!

What he's on about is the guys that grab their bottle out of the bottlecage, and then shows it to the whole bunch before drinking. Some even do it before putting the bottle back into the bottlecage.

Do all my training solo and have very little group riding experience besides the fun rides so excuse my ignorance.

Seen some people do it and some not. Which is the proper etiquette. Just so I know for the future :)

Do all my training solo and have very little group riding experience besides the fun rides so excuse my ignorance.

Seen some people do it and some not. Which is the proper etiquette. Just so I know for the future :)

up to the mouth and back to the cage in one fell swoop.

Nice to see you back in a Cape Town bunch, andydude.

Enjoy your stay in the beautiful city.

Pity you did not greet me. :cursing:

You rode past me at least 3 times with SirK while you were warming up, and I called out to you everytime. Kris later stopped and came over to say hi.

Sorry my mind was somewhere else!!

up to the mouth and back to the cage in one fell swoop.

Nitpicking much? If this really bothering you? Sorry, but I still don't get what the fuss is about. Not wanting to be negative, just asking.

Nitpicking much? If this really bothering you? Sorry, but I still don't get what the fuss is about. Not wanting to be negative, just asking.

In all fairness he was answering my question on the proper etiquette to use when riding in a group.