[Event] Durbanville High School Funride

Berry

In all fairness he was answering my question on the proper etiquette to use when riding in a group.

Cool man! It was a great day for racing (sorry... funriding like someone said) and well organised. Petty some people push the wrong buttons.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool man! It was a great day for racing (sorry... funriding like someone said) and well organised. Petty some people push the wrong buttons.

Agreed. Well organised and a good day riding.

Besides being accidentally spat on when passing one of the short route riders I have no complaints.

Do all my training solo and have very little group riding experience besides the fun rides so excuse my ignorance.

Seen some people do it and some not. Which is the proper etiquette. Just so I know for the future :)

I also wondered about that!. Also fairly new to the group riding thing but I've seen it done so many times I just assumed that's the correct etiquette..

It made kind of sense to me, someone drinking from their bottle would be a bit distracted and not 100% in control of their bike, so "advertising" that your taking a sip make the people around you a bit more alert -anyhow thats how I rationalised that weird manouvre!

Really enjoyed Sat race! managed to hang on to the G-H group which caught E-F.. Those Cedar guys were in a hurry! although not all of them making the wisest decisions at times... At one point very misty and one of them on the opposite side of the white line... recipe for disaster! Big up to the laaitie in the GU kit who got stuck in!

Any Hubbers in G-H seeding? Will be great to put a Hub train together sometime.

Passing a slower group, a drink advertising (swing drink stiff armed to the outside at head height???) rider caused me to take quite considerable avoiding action to avoid being smacked in the face by the bottle. Apologies to all behind me!

I think these cyclists are genuinely trying to be considerate, but they might not have thought it through...

Those Cedar guys were in a hurry! although not all of them making the wisest decisions at times...

Who are the Cedar people? Are they a club?

Not the first time I have heard them referenced but always as those Cedar guys.

Passing a slower group, a drink advertising (swing drink stiff armed to the outside at head height???) rider caused me to take quite considerable avoiding action to avoid being smacked in the face by the bottle. Apologies to all behind me!

I think these cyclists are genuinely trying to be considerate, but they might not have thought it through...

So advertising drink bottle bad.

Got it. :thumbup:

Club, with mostly youngsters. If my previous experience with them is anything to go by, cyclist best to be avoided.

I don't care whether you show your bidon or not...

Just drink and maintain you line, please, as I dont wanna smash my bike.

:ph34r:

You are so far ahead of me on the day we are practically in different time zones. :whistling:

How great was our bike marshall!! We rode in A-B long route, had a guy on BMW and scooter, when we got to the Silos road and started to pass the short route riders this guy did not even once force a rider back into the white line. He saw that we needed some space passing the slower riders, by forcing the bunch into white line will cause a crash or nasty incidents. Riding his bike in front of the bunch warning oncoming motorists, no problems, just a guy using his head. When a hill (blind spot) approached he went next to bunch to make sure everyone was inside the white line. :clap:

Was really a pleasure riding on Saturday! :thumbup:

Edited by AuctionLamb

How great was our bike marshall!! We rode in A-B long route, had a guy on BMW and scooter, when we got to the Silos road and started to pass the short route riders this guy did not even once force a rider back into the white line. He saw that we needed some space passing the slower riders, by forcing the bunch into white line will cause a crash or nasty incidents. Riding his bike in front of the bunch warning oncoming motorists, no problems, just a guy using his head. When a hill (blind spot) approached he went next to bunch to make sure everyone was inside the white line. :clap:

Was really a pleasure riding on Saturday! :thumbup:

That is Az on the BMW 'bike.

Special skills. Very cool guy.

On another angle... who's riding what this weekend? Seems pretty slim pickings with the Bonnievale 60 a long drive for a short race and the Red Hill Charity ride... well a charity ride.

I'm looking at loops on steep ramps for training or going and riding a route that takes in vissers' as I haven't ridden it since the race last year and hated it then. ;)

On another angle... who's riding what this weekend? Seems pretty slim pickings with the Bonnievale 60 a long drive for a short race and the Red Hill Charity ride... well a charity ride.

I'm looking at loops on steep ramps for training or going and riding a route that takes in vissers' as I haven't ridden it since the race last year and hated it then. ;)

Where I am staying now. It will be me, myself and I going for a groupride. Going to be a long, long ride.

........ I get so bored with the other two. They talk a lot of nonsens. :)

Cedar High School formed a club Cedar CC

Guest Frail4Life

FYI - FRAIL...all of the links on your signature are broken ;-)

Sorry

All fixed, Thanks