Darryl Gove

Bondi Beach

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...Mr Gove sent me a message via Facebook that he wished to call me to discuss his side of the story with regards to this thread. I suggested that instead of telling me, he come online here and explain his version of events to his accusers.

Personally, I am not involved. But I do have an opinion based on the multiple threads. Mr Gove - if you are reading this and I am sure you are - this best way to clear your name is to place your version of events here on this forum.

I wonder if Mr Gove would also respond to this very honest review of the event:

"Unfortunately the Kiwi Crusade turned into nothing more then a poorly organized group ride..."

"The biggest problem was based on principles as I grew up in a place where you treat people with respect and honesty. "

Read the full review here: 

http://www.corywallace.com/2016/03/karapoti-classic-kiwi-crusade-goodbye-nzl/

"This is God's own country for mountain biking, so I had a look around, had a chat with guys in the field and organisers of the joBerg2c, looked at infrastructure and saw it wasn't impossible to do one here – it's just that no-one knew what to do. It's all in the logistics. It's a big undertaking.”

That's a quote from DG which encapsulates the classic mistake made by many new immigrants. Another way of saying that is 'these rubes don't know what they're doing, just wait' told I show 'em.'

It's terribly naive and patronizing. It also has predictable outcomes. People here are smart and know their market like only a lifetime of experience teaches it.

"This is God's own country for mountain biking, so I had a look around, had a chat with guys in the field and organisers of the joBerg2c, looked at infrastructure and saw it wasn't impossible to do one here – it's just that no-one knew what to do. It's all in the logistics. It's a big undertaking.”

So that's his reason for it not attracting the 400 riders and being a bit of a clustercuss of organisation. Okay.

So what about the:

• Complete lack of transparency about the prize money (a press release was posted during the event mentioning the $100,000 prize money, despite it being known prior to that it wasn't available)
  • Not fulfilling other prize promises, such as the Suunto watches and the promise of "still having $100,000 equivalent in prizes available"
  • Not paying significant bills to major suppliers, leaving them totally out of pocket and having to write off massive bad debt
  • Not providing sponsors with the exposure and good imagine they were promised
  • Not providing suitable medical support (wonder where the legal line sits here...)
  • Lack of morales, respect and honesty

I'm rather unsure how these can be caused by problems with "logistics"...

And surely, if you "don't know what to do", why tell all your potential sponsors and suppliers that you will bring +$1million into the region?

Gmaw that comment by DG was ahead of the event and appeared in sunlive I think. Anyway, leopards and spots, best that people are forewarned in any dealings with these parties.

"And DG was saying locals don't know what to do. Which is patently ridiculous."

Wow, bet 'the locals' will love him even more now.

I wonder if Mr Gove would also respond to this very honest review of the event:

"Unfortunately the Kiwi Crusade turned into nothing more then a poorly organized group ride..."

"The biggest problem was based on principles as I grew up in a place where you treat people with respect and honesty. "

Read the full review here: 

http://www.corywallace.com/2016/03/karapoti-classic-kiwi-crusade-goodbye-nzl/

Uuuuh when I click on the link I get a warning about a "mass injection attack"

Uuuuh when I click on the link I get a warning about a "mass injection attack"

Was fine reading it on Chrome mobile.