ATTACKS IN PTA EAST

JRH

What do you mean with “quite crazy by them”? Are there bike jacking’s in that are now as well? I heard rumours about issues at Rosemary Hill last week, but that was only rumours and nothing confirmed. Is the Bashewa are now also a red zone?

As I understand, mostly drug related and domestic violence (read squatters gets drunk and moers his wife) as well as some attempts at 'farm attacks' - but the guys are super alert. They notice cut and lifted wires very quickly, which sorts out 99% of the issue (attackers lift/cut wires a day to three days in advance to ensure quick entry/getaway on the night they plan the attack) Nothing sorts out a shithead like being caught in a 'noose' as he crawls through a hole he made :)

They're not talking out right now which normally means they have some stuff stirring - but if ever there is REAL trouble in town this is where I'll be headed. Bashewa.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am a reporter from eNuus/eNews - we'd like to do a story.

Do you have a contact number for me?

this is fantastic, hopefully it puts pressure on the authorities.......

No i don't have a helmet with a bullet hole in but i do have knife scar and a crushed helmet and broken nose from a large rock smashed on me to stop me fighting back when i was bike jacked. Angry as i still am i would not want go round randomly beating up anyone i see as you propose.

I am always amused at how calm and rational and all ag shame poor oke - we must be towards these savages - eye for an eye - at least all he will get is a stiff PK - some cyclists have not been that lucky, and now there is a wife, son or daughter asking, why, why did it have to be my dad? Fight fire with fire, and teach these bastards a lesson that they simply cant jkust take what they want and in the manner they want, cause they feel that they are entitled to it.......

Noake, i am horrified, sorry dude. I am still a little rattled after you told me. Good luck guys in sorting this out. Noake, approach the papers dude!

The reality is that in this country, the criminal has all the rights. If we go about beating random people up, we will be in jail, while they keep on robing, plundering and raping. I believe that it is high time that we persistently demand from the authorities the service and protection that we pay them for.

I know that co-operation and protection from the authorities in a broad sense and the SAPS specifically seems like a far fetched idea, but if we as cyclists in the area stick together, I am convinced that we can force them to assist us.

In the mean time, we need to look after ourselves. We all ride in the same area. Lets get together and see if we cannot co-ordinate our rides in order for us to protect each other.

If we see something suspicious, let us communicate. A Whatsapp group might be a goos idea? Maybe we can request the private security firms in the area to assist us. If we can get our clubs in the area on the band wagon, I'm sure the security firms would be interested in a little exposure in return for patrols in specific areas in which they already have a presence.

This suck so bad!!

On Sunday morning I was planning on taking some noobs out on the Boschkop route down the spoor, and I was actually relieved when I woke up and it rained. I was **** scared of going out on the bike after the events last week. This is not how it should be!! Anyone else felt like this the last week?

My mates and I ride the section behind Moreleta, crossing over Garsfontein towards Atterburry on a weekly basis so now we have to cut that part out. I know that crimes hits every province in SA, but after reading in Bicycling the article about the old ballies riding in Tulbach, I have to say that the WC is calling really loud now.

Hi grondpad, well the Western Cape definitely is much safer than up there in Gangster's paradise, but like the saying in afrikaans goes "elke huis het sy kruis". I live in Groot Brakrivier between Mosselbay and George and lately some arse#@£€ started stealing bikes from parking lots at school while the kids are in the class. We are in a very small community and this is starting to worry us as parents now.

This suck so bad!!

On Sunday morning I was planning on taking some noobs out on the Boschkop route down the spoor, and I was actually relieved when I woke up and it rained. I was **** scared of going out on the bike after the events last week. This is not how it should be!! Anyone else felt like this the last week?

My mates and I ride the section behind Moreleta, crossing over Garsfontein towards Atterburry on a weekly basis so now we have to cut that part out. I know that crimes hits every province in SA, but after reading in Bicycling the article about the old ballies riding in Tulbach, I have to say that the WC is calling really loud now.

I felt the same, normally I would be kind of upset waking up realizing its raining.....but yesterday morning was different... This is really sad! I unfortunately don't have the means to stop this myself but are more than willing to help!

Edited by Cribbes

What is the motive? Hijackings, theft or just violence?

Bike-jacking, theft and violence <--- All of the above.

Edited by Druffster

I am always amused at how calm and rational and all ag shame poor oke - we must be towards these savages - eye for an eye - at least all he will get is a stiff PK - some cyclists have not been that lucky, and now there is a wife, son or daughter asking, why, why did it have to be my dad? Fight fire with fire, and teach these bastards a lesson that they simply cant jkust take what they want and in the manner they want, cause they feel that they are entitled to it.......

Thats not what Scotty was saying, read the entire thread

Noake, i am horrified, sorry dude. I am still a little rattled after you told me. Good luck guys in sorting this out. Noake, approach the papers dude!

Hey Spick, the papers as they have been coming to me. Someone from the Beeld is going to publish and article in the newspaper (probably tomorrow's Beeld) and then I have someone coming to see me today from eNCA...it's a start.

Thats not what Scotty was saying, read the entire thread

sorry Escapee, I think may post may have got lost in translation, which I will attempt to simplify as follows: Who gives a ****, innocent or not - MOER HULLE!!!!

sorry Escapee, I think may post may have got lost in translation, which I will attempt to simplify as follows: Who gives a ****, innocent or not - MOER HULLE!!!!

Innocent or not?

Thats a bit rough dude

Who's to say the guy you've randomly picked on and decided to give a PK to has also not got a wife, son or daughter. What if he gets a few mates and next time they see cyclists they give them a "stiff PK" as you call it. Will that teach us cyclists a lesson.