ATTACKS IN PTA EAST

JRH

Guest Hollow Man

It was at about 18h50 on Thursday evening.

Guys, just stay away from the Garsfontein road between Mooikloof and Woodlands shopping centre.

I just noticed today after my morning ride that my helmet took a bullet from the back through to the front. 2 mm closer to my head and it would have hit my scalp.

Here is the image below. It went in through the left at the back of the helmet and out through the right at the top of the helmet...

I'm speechless looking at this. Thank goodness you weren't hit.

Damned Muppets.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Bargain said, another guy was shot near Woodlands yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It cannot go on like this.

Lets put up a meeting with the Station Commander of Garsfontein SAPS to discuss this issue. Three guys attacked in a week, all on more or less the same spot!

Like Bargain said, another guy was shot near Woodlands yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It cannot go on like this.

Lets put up a meeting with the Station Commander of Garsfontein SAPS to discuss this issue. Three FOUR guys attacked in a week, all on more or less the same spot!

Fixed

3 shootings, 1 knife

Innocent or not?

Thats a bit rough dude

Hey Escapee, you know what mate - you're right - that is a bit rough. **** like this really gets my blood boiling, but what tips the charts for me is how SAPS are just so bloody useless. Its also a bit of a sensitive matter, my eldest brother (52) was murdered last year on 25 December - two guys broke into his house, shot him in his sleep and proceeded to then empty the contents of the fridge into his car and pissed off (car was abandoned a few km from the house). Ja we all have our *** to deal with - and the one way I deal with many issues in life is to get on my bike and ride. Really sad that this is not even possible when you hear of such incidents.

This incident is indicative of a failing police service. I think that we must use any legal measure at our disposal to expose the real problem, which is the police's inability to protect us. I will take a picture of every police vehicle that I see at a fast food outlet or shopping center on my cycling route and post it here.

Criminals were scared when the people that guarded law and order in this country were trained and not too **** scared to confront criminals that victimizes innocent people.

In my neighborhood we rely on Chubb, ADT and Garscom for our safety. The police is non existing and only seen when you have to have something certified as an original copy.

That is why I initially suggested that we get together and cycle for our own safety. Maybe we should have the Station Commander of Garsfontein become a cyclist?

if you feel so strong about this go see the cluster commander of the station and talk to him. a normal report to one of the captains wont help. the commander takes no crap. my dad is a colonel and told me this. going out on your own to seek revenge or justice is only going to get you killed or behind bars. you cant fight those guys in there own game. you will be putting yourself and your family at risk.

Another one yesterday.

Hi Everyone. Please be safe when your cycling on Garsfontein Road. Close to De Villa Bois ave & graveyard. Michael Mc Dermott got attached and shot at yesterday while training on his bike. Be on the lookout for a Merida Big Nine 2012 model. Michael is discharged this morning, with minor injuries. We are so thankful that his angels looked after him.

Another one yesterday. This from facebook.

"Hi Everyone. Please be safe when your cycling on Garsfontein Road. Close to De Villa Bois ave & graveyard. Michael Mc Dermott got attached and shot at yesterday while training on his bike. Be on the lookout for a Merida Big Nine 2012 model. Michael is discharged this morning, with minor injuries. We are so thankful that his angels looked after him".

Edited by jagwil

Please understand that I never propagated any sort of vigilantism. Your advice with regards to the Cluster Commander is correct and I will find out if still is Brigadier Andre Wiese. In that case, it might be a solution.

if you feel so strong about this go see the cluster commander of the station and talk to him. a normal report to one of the captains wont help. the commander takes no crap. my dad is a colonel and told me this. going out on your own to seek revenge or justice is only going to get you killed or behind bars. you cant fight those guys in there own game. you will be putting yourself and your family at risk.

Please get us the Cluster Commanders number, a Col, Brig or whatever rank they are. We need the help from someone that has the willingness to stand up and take action in the name of SAPS! I am sure we can muster a mass of us to see him all at once.

Edited by Bargains

Please understand that I never propagated any sort of vigilantism. Your advice with regards to the Cluster Commander is correct and I will find out if still is Brigadier Andre Wiese. In that case, it might be a solution.

Andre Wiese was very involved in the Centurion incidents until he was transferred. As far as I am aware he is no longer the cluster commander but I do have his cell phone number.

Send me a PM if you want it and if you are going to do something with it.

Die volgende e-mail is deur Nick Pascoe gestuur:

" SolomonsKD@saps.gov.za,

lynettsers@gmail.com,

Leonard Bakkes <LeonardB2@tshwane.gov.za> cc:

anneke@isat.co.za,

oos@rekord.co.za,

angeliquevdw@tshwane.gov.za,

seugnet.exterhuyse@beeld.com,

Annatjie Markram <ammarkram@gmail.com>,

madcircuitous@gmail.com

Good day,

1. Please refer to the attached e-mail from “Mad Cyclist” attached to this mail.

2. On behalf of the communities in Garsfontein, residents along Mat Street in the vicinity of the Pretoria East cemetery and the cyclists I plea for IMMEDIATE and
DECISIVE
action.

3. This situation cannot be left only for Thursday Evenings 18:00 alone.

4. I am convinced that this should receive
IMMEDIATE
and
UNDIVIDED
attention before we lose another victim to murder.

5. The cyclist community, and for that matter, the entire community around Mat street needs decisive action.

6. If it entails a cluster or provincial operation so be it but please consider this as
URGENT

7. I am convinced that Garsfontein SAPS, being a 4 star and effective station will render the desired attention, operation confiscating weapons and arrest the perpetrators.

8. Mr Bakkes from Region 6, here we once again have extremely sensitive and dangerous incidents of crime in an area where it is extremely dark at night. The high mast lights I requested can play an vital role in assisting in crime prevention.

9. I trust all will see this in the equal urgent way I do and looking forward to positive action

Kind regards,

Yours faithfully

Nick Pascoe

COUNCILLOR WARD 45 TSHWANE

RAADSLID WYK 45 TSHWANE

DA SPOKESPERSON INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT PLAN

DA WOORDVOERDER GEïNTEGREERDE ONTWIKKELING PLAN

What do you mean with “quite crazy by them”? Are there bike jacking’s in that are now as well? I heard rumours about issues at Rosemary Hill last week, but that was only rumours and nothing confirmed. Is the Bashewa are now also a red zone?

What issues at Rosemary Hill?

What issues at Rosemary Hill?

Apparently an attempted hijacking on the road next to Rosemary Hill late last week. But like I said, I only heard a rumour and nothing I have heard indicates to that it may/may not be true. I really hope its not true seeing that it’s another area frequented by cyclists