How hard am I going to fall? Fixed Mtb???

braailegend

Was thinking of going completely basic, slap rigid fork on my on-one and put a 6-bolt cog on my disc brake end of rear hub. Dont want to invest in a back-pedal hub, so was thinking of this.

Can just imagine losing pedals on a downhill and having it spin uncontrollably underneath you. Any one rode it like this before?

http://urbanvelo.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/gal3.jpg

Was thinking of going completely basic, slap rigid fork on my on-one and put a 6-bolt cog on my disc brake end of rear hub. Dont want to invest in a back-pedal hub, so was thinking of this.

Can just imagine losing pedals on a downhill and having it spin uncontrollably underneath you. Any one rode it like this before?

http://urbanvelo.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/gal3.jpg

FIXIE for the win! Will improve your cadence, for sure...

Not a chance in hell, I'm very happy with my latest technology cutting edge free hub thanks. Fixed is for unobstructed riding , not high speed roots rocks and branches.

Maybe some guys rock the fixies on some pretty extreme stuff but not knobbly single track runs, that's asking for titanium pins to be inserted.....all over the show.

Not a chance in hell, I'm very happy with my latest technology cutting edge free hub thanks. Fixed is for unobstructed riding , not high speed roots rocks and branches.

Maybe some guys rock the fixies on some pretty extreme stuff but not knobbly single track runs, that's asking for titanium pins to be inserted.....all over the show.

I'm no expert but I share the same sentiment.

Guest Latent Blue
jy gaan jou gat sien ;)

I was just about to say that!

Jy gaan jou gat rerig erig sien!