creatine and cramps

RoboLuke

It basically aids in recovery. Replenishing what the body loses during exercise. If combined with/bonded to an ethyl ester, it can provide muscle 'pumps' whilst training, but that's of little benefit to cycling.

Stop that nonsense OP, Creatine is a gateway PED...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Creatine won't really help with endurance like many people said, but could be beneficial on a shorter race with lots of short sprints (XCO, Enduro)... It will help allow your muscles to recover more quickly inbetween sprints (Assists regeneration of ATP).

I've taken creatine a few years ago when weight training, and never experienced cramps. Could be dehydration, you should increase you fluid intake to beyond 2l a day, probably closer to 3l, but this will depend on your body mass.

Edit: I see a lot of BS flying around this thread by people who seem to think they know something. I suggest the OP researches for himself, and decides whether it is beneficial... Don't even take what I've said as true.

Edited by Nicko

It...

What does "gateway PED" mean, MTB'?

It basically aids in recovery. Replenishing what the body loses during exercise. If combined with/bonded to an ethyl ester, it can provide muscle 'pumps' whilst training, but that's of little benefit to cycling.

Can you explain the highlighted bits in simple terms. lest we jump to the wrong conclusion?

Creatine won't really help with endurance like many people said, but could be beneficial on a shorter race with lots of short sprints (XCO, Enduro)... It will help allow your muscles to recover more quickly inbetween sprints (Assists regeneration of ATP).

I've taken creatine a few years ago when weight training, and never experienced cramps. Could be dehydration, you should increase you fluid intake to beyond 2l a day, probably closer to 3l, but this will depend on your body mass.

Edit: I see a lot of BS flying around this thread by people who seem to think they know something. I suggest the OP researches for himself, and decides whether it is beneficial... Don't even take what I've said as true.

could not agree more!

I thought creatine was used by body builders for building muscle mass.

What would the benefit for cycling be?

Nothing except to lighten the wallet.

I've researched Creatine a bit. My take is that it won't help or improve endurance, but it will help build muscle and improve power, so if you have a low power/weight ratio, it should improve that.

or am I wrong!!

Use creatine after your workout as part of recovery. Don't use it before.

either way whats the difference? Creatine builds up in the system. if you took it every day for 2 weeks and then stopped, its effects would still be in place 10 days later.

this logic is used as creatine does make you hold more water, so train on it for short hard races (XCO), and then 10 days before the race stop using to shed the water but still benefit from the creatine.

its the same as caffine, stop caffine 10 days before a short event and then on the day have a double esspresso.

the effects of caffine on the body are incredible.

at one stage caffine was a banned substance. - something to think about...

I've researched Creatine a bit. My take is that it won't help or improve endurance, but it will help build muscle and improve power, so if you have a low power/weight ratio, it should improve that.

or am I wrong!!

Boeta i don't know...but my gut feel is telling me to stick to that Chocolate milk drink and maybe some biltong (when i have some on hand).

Smarties too. The green ones help with colds n flu, the reds with aches n pains and the blues with erectile dysfunction.

MnM's?