creatine and cramps

RoboLuke

I tried creatine years ago to help with bulking up when I was'nt cycling. Makes you pee like every hour and you have to drink atleast 2-3 ltrs of water so you don't dehydrate. I would'nt advocate it's use while cycling as you could easily dehydrate. How often have you heard of bodybuilders that have ended up with kidney failure due to long term use of creatine. I would give it a big miss IMO.

There is absolutely no link between kidney failure and long term creatine use in bodybuilding.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely no link between kidney failure and long term creatine use in bodybuilding.

Source?

I tried creatine years ago to help with bulking up when I was'nt cycling. Makes you pee like every hour and you have to drink atleast 2-3 ltrs of water so you don't dehydrate. I would'nt advocate it's use while cycling as you could easily dehydrate. How often have you heard of bodybuilders that have ended up with kidney failure due to long term use of creatine. I would give it a big miss IMO.

Also tried it years ago (over 10 yrs ago) when I was racing XCO and all I found it did was decrease my bank balance.

Got much better results by getting a personalized training program from a recognized coach

I start cramping in the neutral zone

Some say Froome Dawg crashed in the neutral zone of Tdf's stage 1 because of cramping...

oi...so because i cramp on creatine i must train harder? not exactly good logic people.

i do cramp when i gun a 80 km. yes its a training thing but i never ever cramp when i do a 50 km northern farms cruise. but if i take creatine as a test on this 50 km i will cramp.

i was hoping that creatine would help with hill endurance but it seems than no one can vouch for a single endurance benefit. so then im happy that im not missing out.

I presume you got your medical degree from Medunsa?

Sorry, that was a little bit sharp No medical degree, but 10 years ago , I also tried it. Training spesifically, works best. Oh yes and good recovery

creatine is found naturally in red meat but you have to eat a lot of it to have any effect.

the side effect of creatine is water retention and cramps - like in cramps all over , hands,toes,feet

use it for recovery with plain water, and half a teaspoon is sufficient.

a few good intense races and intense training sessions with adequate recovery periods will cure cramps.

cramps are your muscles telling you to slow down.

Hehe... stupid little people make me laugh...

I don't care much for your post... but you make yourself seem quite inadequate...

Hahahahahah

I get it now , guess who did get his degree from Medunsa.

Guest Latent Blue

Hahahahahah

I get it now , guess who did get his degree from Medunsa.

Took a while?