Hell and Back

Cacher

i tried not to put anyone off :blush: :whistling:

LOL I was once convinced to do The Hell and back by one of my Oudsthoorn buddies with the route plan its only one climb swartberg at the start its not too hard and then you stay on the plateau at the top which is almost flat we have a lekker braai. The next day its a flattish bit and then down that one small hill.

When I signed up the lady asked me if I was well trained I honestly told her(it was a friday) yes i rode wednesday and thursday she asked me and before that well my last other ride was about three months ago. She looked at my mate that she knew well and he just grinned and he said its only that little drag in the beginning. I had a lekker ride with some other slower okes and some single speed men and a wonderfull time a the Steers van mid way(do they still have that?)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone have any idea what the weather is going to do this weekend?

the weather websites are very inconsistent at the moment

LOL I was once convinced to do The Hell and back by one of my Oudsthoorn buddies with the route plan its only one climb swartberg at the start its not too hard and then you stay on the plateau at the top which is almost flat we have a lekker braai. The next day its a flattish bit and then down that one small hill.

When I signed up the lady asked me if I was well trained I honestly told her(it was a friday) yes i rode wednesday and thursday she asked me and before that well my last other ride was about three months ago. She looked at my mate that she knew well and he just grinned and he said its only that little drag in the beginning. I had a lekker ride with some other slower okes and some single speed men and a wonderfull time a the Steers van mid way(do they still have that?)

It's the SPUR van, and yes, they will be there again, midway.

See you there!

anyone have any idea what the weather is going to do this weekend?

the weather websites are very inconsistent at the moment

Look at Prince Albert's weather.

There might be some rain on Saturday, but it's still early in the week - and the rain will most probably move on till after the weekend

Look at Prince Albert's weather.

There might be some rain on Saturday, but it's still early in the week - and the rain will most probably move on till after the weekend

thanks, was looking at a mixture of prince albert, calitzdorp, oudsthoorn and gamkaskloof.

will have to check again on thursday and make my packing decisions accordingly

Right. Late entries and accommodation sorted, thanks to some Hubbers.

Now to hope that the long term www.yr.no weather forecast is horribly wrong regarding the rain for Oudtshoorn and Gamkaskloof. I've had enough rain and mud for one winter here in the Cape. I thought the Karoo was hot and dry??

Right. Late entries and accommodation sorted, thanks to some Hubbers.

Now to hope that the long term www.yr.no weather forecast is horribly wrong regarding the rain for Oudtshoorn and Gamkaskloof. I've had enough rain and mud for one winter here in the Cape. I thought the Karoo was hot and dry??

Rain = Great weather in the Karoo. Never complain about it or the locals will do unspeakable things to you. Keep praising the rain and telling them that you brought it with you. They'll ply you with beer.

Hot & dry = the mortal enemy of riding in the Karoo, beware, or you'll end up cremated incinerated. Keep drinking as much as you can, but not only beer.

Anyone driving up from Cape town alone that want to share travelling expenses, my car or yours, I have a 3 bike rack.

Anyone driving up from Cape town alone that want to share travelling expenses, my car or yours, I have a 3 bike rack.

Hi Milky,

I'm looking for sharing a lift me too. Are u still interested?

Hi Milky,

I'm looking for sharing a lift me too. Are u still interested?

my fixing fee will be 1 Windhoek Lager each (or a tot of OBS each if its cold) :whistling:

hope you two get sorted, see you saturday

Archived