Grondpad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there any tandems to try out?

Short answer, no.

just for a note, there's only a handful of road-bikes on show in this event.....

Agree that its still small (missed some of the other manufacturers like Giant, Silverback and Scott).

Took the Pyga 650b for a spin, awesome (not sure if I will ever get used to a dual suspension though).

Must say that the one cool thing about this fair is all the funny (or rather interesting) bikes you don't really get to see (Like Pyga, Yeti, and all those steel frames and SS bikes). Food was great as well.

Really hope it gets bigger in the years to come.

Yes, there were. I only saw 2 though. My kids tried one but fought too much so I made them get off!! :D

Careful with those test rides. My son fell in love with an unaffordable BMC Fourstroke. Couldn't get him off.

Well worth the effort of attending today. Awesome food, even better beer and a really nice laid back feel. The big brands were not really there that I saw, but then I don't really care. That said, for attracting more attendees I hope they'll be there next year. Rode a Contraband and on the test track and will definitely be buying one of those in the not too distant future. Well done to the organizers and exhibitors. Great afternoon out.

Jiffifus rode the 650b and 29" Vipa's ..... I need a bigger piggy bank, that bike handles like a dreeeeem.

Nice showing, was much larger than the other guys made it sound (spent three hours walking the stalls, albeit with wife and kids in tow) and the vibe was lekker. Really awesome to be able to ride the bikes around as well. Missed out on riding that fatbike.

+1

Took 45min and saw everything trice. Would have been an hour if I got some coffee. Don't go with expectations, rather enjoy the walk and chit-chat. Brooks stall was interesting. Good attempt for first run, maybe next year even better. (NO SPECIAL SCHWEET DEALS OF NOTE).

PS: Solomons is most probably smiling the most as it seems that they are doing some seriaaas retail business. Looks like they have a whole shop there.

Yeah, I'm sure Solomons went home smiling, their area was the busiest and saw lots of people that wanted to get into cycling, asking about the 26's on special.

Enjoyed the show.

Enjoyed the food.

Enjoyed the beer.

Got myself one of these with pista bars:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0260/3777/products/SS_blue_01_large.jpg?1710

Thinking tan saddle & grip tape for the bars and white cabling.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Saw a husband/wife combo testing out the MB's Electra tandem. Suppose that is not really what you were after. Fun looking bike though...

Yeah the food and Jack Black Lagers were good. :)

Needed more of the big names to pull in and support this initiative, maybe next year.

Well done to the guys that were there though.

went there on Saturday and tested the single speeds (omw its hard work with normal shoes on SPD pedals and that gear ratio on the twisty climbs) well... the bug has bitten and i will be starting my built soon...

also tested the Pinarello Dogma XC with XTR.

Quite a pity that specialized/giant wasn't there ???

Enjoyed the show.

Enjoyed the food.

Enjoyed the beer.

Got myself one of these with pista bars:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0260/3777/products/SS_blue_01_large.jpg?1710

Thinking tan saddle & grip tape for the bars and white cabling.

Man, so jelas....the black and gold one was uber pimp

Man, so jelas....the black and gold one was uber pimp

Saw an oke walking out with a white one that looked nearly like one of those 'ghost' bikes as we arrived on Saturday afternoon .....