[Event] CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY

Tpp

IMO a big challenge to get together a team of 12 friends/collegues who have similar goals and cycling ability, if it comes together on the day this race is one of the ultimate cycling experiences, if it doesn't - it can be an extremely frustrating & sucky race!!

Truth

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

I drop my Rudy project glasses(yellow frame) just before Tradouws Pass yersterday.If anyone found them would you please contact me on 0833803929. We were from the last teams to start.

Thanks

I did Not see them.

Sorry Dude.

IMO a big challenge to get together a team of 12 friends/collegues who have similar goals and cycling ability, if it comes together on the day this race is one of the ultimate cycling experiences, if it doesn't - it can be an extremely frustrating & sucky race!!

agree , no matter who is in your team you will always get one or two individuals who think they know how to ride a bike and then go about it by showing how strong they climb up every little hill, suck wheel for an hour then ride off the front and look back with a shrug as if to say "what's up", race off the front in the last 5 k's. imho the event is too big and too expensive. i still hope that all who took part had fun.

Edited by ccc2

Was chatting at my LBS today. We def. coming down with a team next year. Sounds like a great event.

In this order.

1. Book your accommodation....last week already...serious!!

2. Confirm entry ASAP (Only 250 teams allowed)

3. Get 12 riders of very similar riding abilities & personalities. Those who don't gel to well can always be discarded along the way, depending on your team objectives.

Edited by milky4130

When do the entries for 2014 open?

Normally in late July 2014 for the race in late November 2014

Went for xrays earlier. The head of my radial bone in forearm is broken. Have to see an orthopod tomorrow. Depending on severity it might need surgery or just left to heal. Im hoping for the latter. Do not wanna miss Burger. Rule # 5 comes to mind.

Awesome event. Took a tumble on Tradouw, just a touch of wheels and I went down. Battled for rest of ride struggling to hold and shift with my right hand as I had hit my right arm and elbow. We made it 12 over the line together, so objective achieved. Anybody know the guy that slammed the wall on Tradouw as he lay motionless on side of road? First thing I grabbed at Op de Tradouw feeding station was some aspirin. Had to pop some Panados at Ashton to get through ride. Rest well guys and girls to recover for Burger

Went for xrays earlier. The head of my radial bone in forearm is broken. Have to see an orthopod tomorrow. Depending on severity it might need surgery or just left to heal. Im hoping for the latter. Do not wanna miss Burger. Rule # 5 comes to mind.

You don't need any htfu pills! Riding about 150 kms with a broken arm with the help of Disprin and Panado! :eek: Chuck Norris will wet his pants when they mention the name Cippo! ;) Heal soon!

Edited by DJR

rough! but what DJR said: HTFU has nothing on you.