2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour de France champion Chris Froome will lead the nine-man team and will be joined by: Richie Porte, Geraint Thomas, Mikel Nieve, Bernhard Eisel, Vasil Kiryienka, David López, Danny Pate and Xabier Zandio.

post-271-0-06875200-1403864250_thumb.jpg

Comment from a pommie friend of mine on that squad from FB. Don't think the poms believe old Froomie will ever be british enough.

"....So the resurgence of British cycling, with the legacy of multiple years Olympic track success, Worlds track success, Olympic TT success, World Road Championships success, the first TdF win and numerous other UCI ProTour successes, gives us:

One rider from Wales, one from the Isle of Man and a Kenyan - cracking investment in the development of cycling there then!...."

The nine riders who will line up for OGE in Leeds are: Jens Keukeleire, Luke Durbridge, Mathew Hayman, Michael Albasini, Michael Matthews, Simon Clarke, Simon Gerrans, Simon Yates and Svein Tuft.

Edited by jcza

The nine riders who will line up for OGE in Leeds are: Jens Keukeleire, Luke Durbridge, Mathew Hayman, Michael Albasini, Michael Matthews, Simon Clarke, Simon Gerrans, Simon Yates and Svein Tuft.

Not a single african in the tour then....

Discounting you know who :ph34r:

That's the 'gees'

Wonder who'll wear yellow first - Cav' or Kittel or a surprize winner

After watching the first two stages of the Giro... Kittel is in a league of his own this year!

Very Sad for Daryl. Especially bummed now because he even features on the front cover of the official TDF mag I got today. obviously wasn't set in stone prior going to print :oops: . Any way still really bummed for him. :thumbdown:

After watching the first two stages of the Giro... Kittel is in a league of his own this year!

He is breathing fire right now

Hard to stop and his train is getting good too

There are 7 Grand Tour winners at the start: Froome, Contador, Nibali, Horner, Valverde, Schleck and the one everyone forgot: Scarponi

And finally Astana: Fulgsang, Grivko, Gruzdev, Iglinskiy, Kangert, Nibali, Scarponi, Vanotti, Westra.

Gonna be quite a thrill

Opener in the UK on the damp narrow roads

Then some pavè later on

And a 50 km + individual time trial

Pyrenees, Alps, Tourmalet, etc

Whoohoooo