2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

That dropper post is interesting. Never seen on a road bike before. Learning something from the mtb'ers ??

Wonder how often he drops it and what he feels benefits are like.

It's not a dropper post but it does change height, that ribbed collar rotates and changes the height, lower for higher cadence and higher for power strokes.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see a tour leader make attacks and not just ride defensive! Astana management must be somewhat embarrassed for lack of confidence in Nibali leading up to TDF

That dropper post is interesting. Never seen on a road bike before. Learning something from the mtb'ers ??

Wonder how often he drops it and what he feels benefits are like.

It's a prototype by FSA

Basso used it last season too.

Those wounds look painful.

Good to see he's going to be on the start line today. Really hope he stays on. Nibali will too.

post-22004-0-77464200-1405757297_thumb.jpg

Those wounds look painful.

Good to see he's going to be on the start line today. Really hope he stays on. Nibali will too.

Ow!

Deep bruising there hey

It'll be a dent to Nibs's campaign

Let's see

Some tech news

Tinkoff Saxo was so impressed with these hoops that they made a last minute swop at Dauphinè and now use it at TdF

They zipped the Zipps.

I know X-man asked about this earlier.

post-12015-0-13244500-1405711695_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dale.. Read somewhere at the beginning of the season Tinkoff had chosen both Zipp and Roval as wheels sponsors.

How exciting would the racing be if Nibs had some competition like Froome and Contador ???

One has to question had Froome and Contador not crashed would Nibali be as dominant as he is?

But that doesn't matter, he stayed on his bike and he is and in the best form of his career.

Today's stage:

The riders head east and go deep into the Alps. After 40 km in the saddle they arrive in Bourg d’Oisans, at 721 m above sea level. Most of the famous Tour climbs are easily reached from the town.

Today they head to the Col du Lautaret. The climb is 34 km long and summits at an altitude of 2,085 m, but has a modest average gradient of 3.4%.

It takes 24.5 km to descend to the beautiful fortress of Briançon, located at 1,355 m. A little later the riders are at the base of the Col d’Izoard. The ascent is 19 km long with an average gradient of 6%. In the 2011 Tour, it was the second col in a long ride to the Galibier, which was won by Andy Schleck and put him in yellow.

Stage 14 closes with a new climb for the Tour: Risoul. The ski resort at the Italian border is reached after 12.8 km of climbing. The steepest part is between km 10 and 12, with an average gradient of 8.5% on this section. The average gradient for the climb to Risoul is 6.9%.

post-22004-0-66775800-1405763968_thumb.png

post-22004-0-03434400-1405763977_thumb.png

Ow!

Deep bruising there hey

It'll be a dent to Nibs's campaign

Let's see

Epic finisher so he's tough. Wasn't much help to Nibali yesterday but I'm hoping he'll recover before the Pyrenees

Thibault Pinot has been paced back up to the peloton after an early puncture. Today is a chance for him to take the white jersey, but we will have to wait and see how he copes with the long descents today.

A rear puncture for Nieve and he calls for the team car. A quick changes and he's back on his bike.

No challenge at all for Sagan as he takes full points at the intermediate sprint.

Archived