2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!

IAM Cycling's Reto Hellenstein has crashed.

Edited by ' Dale

229km remaining from 237.5km

We have our first attack. Three riders have gone up the road. They are Vasil Kiriyenka (Sky), Davide Cimolai (Lampre-Merida) and Adam Hansen (Lotto-Belisol).

After coming down in the first three kilometres, Hollenstein is back on his bike.

The lead group has expended to eight riders, including the original three that made it away. The eight men have a slim 10 seconds on the peloton.

The peloton clearly didn't like that collectino of riders, which included QuickStep's Michal Kwiatkowski and the eight men have been re-absorbed into the bunch.

Another rider back in the peloton is Hollenstein, after his opening kilometre crash.

Havent watched since the cobble stone stage I think, little time, little interest, glad to hear Nibs is on top of it, always liked him.

The longest stage:

And we're off. The flag has dropped and the remaining 169 riders are on their way.

Yes

Yip 14:05

Then they first recap.. so live probably only at 2:30 hey.. darn nit

Meanwhile:

12:48:22 CEST

MTN-Qhubeka missed out on a spot in the Tour de France this year, but they will be riding the Vuelta a Espana next month. The South African team has announced that they will be riding Cérvelo bikes next season.

Jurgen Van Den Broeck may be in for a rough ride today. The Belgian says that he has been feeling a little under the weather recently and hasn't been able to go full bore. Van Den Broeck is currently sitting 14 seconds outside the top 10 in 11th place.