2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Remember the last time they had a stage like this in the TDF (2010) when Hushovd won the stage and Cancellara moved into yellow. Geraint Thomas came second that day. This could be a good day for him too.

The 2010 TDF with Cancellara driving the peloton in pursuit of the break:

post-22004-0-58601800-1404894413_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi..

I see Andy has torn both the cruciate and collateral ligaments and well as his meniscus. . Apparently already in surgery.

Oi..

I see Andy has torn both the cruciate and collateral ligaments and well as his meniscus. . Apparently already in surgery.

Get well soon

Who is that?

Be nice

Ag jissie. . Can't it just be time yet.. darn man I have worked myself uo so much I am counting down the minutes..

Remember the last time they had a stage like this in the TDF (2010) when Hushovd won the stage and Cancellara moved into yellow. Geraint Thomas came second that day. This could be a good day for him too.

The 2010 TDF with Cancellara driving the peloton in pursuit of the break:

I think Chavanel was in yellow and then double punctured or something. Gave up yellow

Like that roleur.

I think Chavanel was in yellow and then double punctured or something. Gave up yellow

Like that roleur.

Ja, that was a tough day for him. And once you puncture on those sectors, very hard for anyone to get to you. For the GC riders, their domestiques will have to be there to give them a wheel. And the teams will also have assistants waiting at strategic sectors with spare wheels in case.

Second thought, I don't think Thomas will be seen anywhere near the break or for the win. He's going to have to really earn his salary today, protecting Froome. I reckon we'll see Froome on Thomas' wheel all day. Similarly, Contador on Rogers' wheel. Today is not a day for attacking for them. It's a day for protecting, conserving, avoiding and surviving. All they care about is getting through the day in one piece.

That leaves the door wide open for attacks by the non-GC teams like Trek (Cancellara), IAM Cycling (Chavanel), Katusha (Kristoff), Giant-Shimano (Degenkolb), OPQ (Terpstra) and OGE (Gerrans - if he's recovered).

Problem for Froome is Thomas' tendency for falling. He's had a smooth run so far, so he's due. He normally can't get through a race without falling. He can't afford that today.

Edit: removed Terpstra from the list - he'll be on bodyguard duty today (Kwiatkowsi).

A hard earned 4th yesterday

First time I see Sagan 's tongue on his SRM

He's never finished lower than 4th thus far.

Damn!!

post-12015-0-65602400-1404897503_thumb.jpg

Some of the Paris Roubaix contenders, previous winners and those that had a good ride in recent times, taking part in the Tour

Cancellara

van Summeren

Vanmarcke

Boom

van Avermaet

Terpstra

Sagan

Kristoff

edit: correct grammar/spelling

Some of the Paris Roubaix contenders, previous winners and that that had a good ride in recent times, taking part in the Tour

Cancellara

van Summeren

Vanmarcke

Boom

van Avermaet

Terpstra

Sagan

Kristoff

Cancellara - free to race

van Summeren - protecting Talansky

Vanmarcke - protecting Mollema

Boom - protecting Mollema

van Avermaet - protecting van Garderen

Terpstra - protecting Kwiatkowsi

Sagan - free to race

Kristoff - free to race

I have a sneaky feeling Cancellara to make the move, Sagan to win the stage....

All while a GC contender or two have a shocker...

Archived